Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Thanks a bunch Al. Your post makes complete sense.

Vitop, the Lyngdorf is a killer value when one looks at it in its whole. It is not an amp. It is a complete rig with other add-ons and options. I replaced over $22,000 worth of separates and wire with a $4000-$4500 unit. That’s seems to me to be a killer value. Others are doing the same.

I sold the following when I picked up the 2170.

- Tube Research Labs preamp - Super Dude
- Luxman DA06 dac
- Von Gaylord tube monoblock smps
- all manner of room correction panels and traps
- 4 power cords
- digital cable
- 2 set of ICs
- various footers

That’s what going to a one box solution does.

I also gained many other capabilities that I did not have before. Room correction is the biggest one. So yeah, please consider the cost of a preamp, dac, amplifiers, cables, cords, footers, and physical room treatments.

I understand thinking of it as just am amp or int amp, but that is not what it is. My previous preamp alone cost more, much more, than the Lyngdorf. Many folks own a dac or amp or preamp alone that costs more than the 2170 system.

One could purchase the DI speakers for $3000 and the Lyngdorf for $4500.  Great system for $7500 new.  All that is needed is a streamer or computer as a source. Killer value all around when one spends under $10,000 for what is arguably a system that competes with many systems costing 4-10x that. The electronics/wire  driving the high value DI speakers in this scenario are of equal high value.......most spend a much higher percentage on the electronics and wire for their systems.  

I suggest buying the Duelund 16ga stranded copper wire in cotton or NOS Western Electric 10ga copper wire in cotton (speaker cable) for $2-$10 foot depending on the one you choose. No connectors needed and just use the bare wire which is tinned and will not oxidize.  

Great at times for an audiophile! 

Vitop,
The Lyngdorf model used by Bill is essentially a DAC, preamplifier and power amplifier. Assuming that it in fact sounds as good as he says then it’s a tremendous value proposition. If it outperformed his previous system of Luxman DAC,TRL DUDE line stage and a good tube or SS amplifier, this is genuine value and obvious simplicity,

"If" it could honestly duplicate the purity and organic rightness of my Yamamoto DAC (with Duelund CAST coupling capacitors) DHT Line Stage and DHT SET amplifier I’d buy it like yesterday. All that’s important to me is the sound quality. I have a breath of life quality that I won’t do without.
Charles
The Lyngdorf is certainly exceptional value. 

On another note, I cannot wait to hear the Double Impacts again. I have no idea what to expect in my environment, but...I don't know. Will it sound good?!!! I'm favoring, yes. 
Post removed 
Hi Bill, 
Your response posted before mine by mere moments,  same thought pattern however 😊
Charles