VPI 2nd Pivot for 3D

I just installed mine and discovering my old records anew.  I thought I knew everything there was to know on the original pressing of Fleetwood Mac's Rumers......but no - there's more.  You immediately hear a more solid bass, but then the dynamics hit hard.  It sounds like my amp is on steroids.  More cleanliness, - everything is better.  Very highly recommended.
128x128stringreen
Dear Raul,
VDHs measurements of his own stylus seem to be defying the "natural order" of things by lowering the junction temperature to 60C. If true, one wonders if instead of vinyl reacting in a malleable way the stylus dislodges chunks which then fall into the groove causing further problems ;)
Of course 60C must presume perfect azimuth of his line contact(?) stylus. One would assume that misalignment would undoubtedly push the temp even higher than a perfectly aligned conical stylus's 140C, leaving the user in the same state as he was before :)

If VDH is successful with his low temp approach, the unit price of Last is going to rocket :D
Best regards
Bill

Dear @moonglum : Great facts/information. As I said exist formidable audio information all over the net and comes from experts.

Facts that can makes a paramount differences in each one of us ignorance levels, obviously all of us can improve our knowledge levels, skills and tools !!

Btw, @dodgealum , you own the Levinson/VPI tonearm and in the " you tube " link I posted here we can see a way " terrible earthwake " down there that if it's happening then exist something really wrong in that tonearm design.

Would you comment about?, appreciated.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.

Dear friends: That " terrible earthwake " is unaceptable by any audio standards and that's is what happens with all unipivots or quai-unipivots.

A very well regarded tonearm unipivot with a tag over 25K states in its site:

"""  it is subjected to the mechanical vibrations from the musical source (the stylus moving in the groove), and it should before all not damage them and let them interfere with the electric signal coming from the cartridge. Each of the tonearm's constituents carries a crucial responsibility in the transmission of these vibrations, so every element, down to the smallest screw plays an essential role in the resulting sound. Those who claim that mechanical devices don’t have a sound don’t understand the nature of sound. Everything has a sound. Every piece of matter enters in vibration when it’s moving and that is what gives it its distinctive sound. """

seems to me that the tonearm designer of that company has very clear ( ? ) that critical subject and ( for me ) is just out of my mind why he choosed an unipivot design to fulfill that statement when it can't do it.

Btw, there is no single advantage in an unipivot design. What we listen through it are only higher distortions and that's all. 

Cartridge needs " perfect " stability in a tonearm with NO earthwakes.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
@rauliruegas could you explain the problem you have with the video you posted and why this has any bearing to the merits of a unipivot design. As I see it the video shows the forces acting on a cartridge at needle drop, and speak more to a poorly damped lift/lower mechanism then anything else. Secondly the arm in the video is a gimballed design not a unipivot so the video has nothing to say about unipivot design. Anyway some more details on the issues you are trying to refer to would be helpful