Would "Sgt. Pepper's" be a better album if.....

....."Within You Without You" was dropped from the LP and Side 2 began with either "Penny Lane" or "Strawberry Fields"? If so, which of these would best kick off the second side?
dodgealum
Hey, that would be a good title for a song, The Long and Pointless Road.

ghosthouse and onhwy61, I stand corrected and thanks.  Memories of that error, I mean, era tend to blur a bit.   And those gentlemen would have made me want to find a way to erase as much of it as possible. ;)

I remember RR as guv of CA, where he practiced his lines for the 'next act'.  Spiro was 'funny', but it was always a 'groaner'.  And it would figure that Safire wrote 'NNoN'...he was an alliteration freak.  It'd show up occasionally.... 
Yes - love "Within you and without you".  Probably more responsible than anything else for my spiritual quest starting in my teens.  

But beyond that, it really cemented from the first listen that this album was revolutionary.  If you really listen to Sgt Peppers, it hits you that other than "Within you.." "A day in the Life" and maybe "Lucy in the Sky" the rest is pretty much polite Brit-Pop.  (Though as good as it gets).  
The reason SPLHCB is almost always at the top of lists of best albums is because of its originality and great songs and inventiveness for the time and to a large extent it survived very well. It was you could say a benchmark. Actually, now that I think about it, there were really good albums by individual Beatles after they broke up, All Things Must Pass, Lennon and Plastic Ono Band and Band on the Run to name a few.