Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
I decided to put on my MFSL 45 rpm "Cheap Thrills" to compare to the above mention lp.

My memory was correct....this time. While the MFSL 45rpm (stereo)... why they did not do a mono????/I assume this lp came out as a mono?) has a more correct instrument placement, it isn’t presented as originally recorded. The soundstage is constricted... for a stereo lp. It doesn’t have the boogie factor of the above mentioned lp.

I will put on my original copy of Cheap Thrills (stereo) in a little while to again check. Knowing what I now know, I’d buy the Carousel Ballroom version and save the money. That’s just me.
Just listened to my original "CT", first track. Immediately,I could hear a more natural soundstage spread, especially for this time period. While the MFSL has more detail..more clean/clear...it lacks the originality of this record. Lost is the natural presentation for their stereo version. My original, again, has the boogie factor. Much more enjoyable, to me by a long shot.

I've a mint/clean MFSL 45rpm "Cheap Thrills" for sale. Any takers?
On now...

Sharon Jones (RIP) & the Dap-Kings  "I Learned the Hard Way"

(by the way, I'll take $35 + shipping/fees for the above mentioned lp)
@reubent, My mission was to inform myself and others. I ended up listening to the complete side one of my original "Cheap Thrills". Much better, no comparison, IMO.

Happy Listening!
@slaw - That's awesome. I don't actually own either one. The MFSL is on loan from a buddy. I'll keep an eye out for an original, but I'm guessing nice copies are getting pretty expensive....