Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I bought a pair of Apogee Stages on January 4, 1991 for $2000.
Since then I've owned a pair of Dynaudio Contours and a pair of B&Ws 805 w/ a Supercube. The Dynos and B&Ws are gone now - but the Apogee Stages remain and still deliver a thrill every time I sit down and listen.
Since the Mid 80's I've had the maggie ID's RTR esr 15 electrostatics and a janis W2 sub. I recently had to re-voice coil the ID's and I line sourced the rtr's so I tweek my stuff but see no need to upgrade since I believe the sound I have now is the BEST music sound "to me". If you find better/more accurate etc. speakers "to you" consider them only if you really think they are better and not just different sounding, there is a real distinction there.
I have my SPICA ANGELUS since 1991, the sound stage is great, with a JANIS sub and a Krell KST 100 driving them, they sound like the first week I had bought them
I also have a pr with prima Luna prologue two integrated and Cecil 51xr it sounds wonderful just needs a little more bass