How many LP's

Gents;

I'm thinking of taking a jump to a turntable.......& such

I had 700 albums that I " dumped" when cd's arrived.........
Old BIC turntable 
A big "Stupid" move

Good Analog is " the best", to me

Anyway, 

How many albums do you guys have in the " library "?
How many are 45's vs 33's

My thought; as a starter 
REGA P3 

jeff
frozentundra
What technology is best? I vote for air bearing, although a prominent and expert guru (Ralph K) disagrees. Even so, I'll bet he'd like my system.

I use a DIY air bearing TT with a Trans-Fi air bearing arm, playing a Koetsu platinum cartridge. The air bearing TT replaces a Nottingham Analogue unit, which has been updated, and is essentially a Dais. Which I recommend. But not as highly as the Trans-Fi arm, which is $1000 and plays with the best.

I'm very interested in the Trans-Fi arm Terry, as the designer/manufacturer pictures it on his website with a London Reference pick-up mounted on it. How cool is that?! I few of the Decca/London owners on the Lenco users site swear by the arm too. A grand for such an arm is so reasonable these days.

For younger readers, now is a great time to get into buying and listening to music on LP, as there are millions of them in good record stores and thrift shops all over the country. Used LP's are dirt cheap, and great cleaners plentiful. And the choice of players is the best it's ever been, with high quality available at reasonable prices. And as time moves on, and we older guys die off, even better LP finds await ya'll. LP collecting is way more fun than CD buying and digital downloading! 

Lewm, you make a good point. For every one of those 100 jewels there are many also-rans.

As for which ones? Other than the usual workhorses, La Spagna (BIS); Scottish Lute Music (BIS); Laudate (Proprius); Cantate Domino (Proprius); Wagner's Ring Cycle (Solti - the best is on Telefunken);   Hearing Solar Winds by Hykes (Ocora); Gorecki Symphonie #3, with Stefania Woytowicz (Erato - sound track to the movie Police); Salve Feste Dies (Phillips); Beethoven's Emperor by Gieseking (Varese - stereo - repeat stereo - recording from WW2 Berlin - you can hear the anti-aircraft cannon at one point - and you hear the Emperor as you've not heard it before).
Last night I picked out of my Duke Ellington collection a Pablo LP, "Duke's Big 4", or something like that.  Turns out I have two copies of this LP, and one is an original German pressing.  Needless to say, that's the one that got spun. Duke + Ray Brown + Joe Pass + Louis Bellson.  Wow!!!!  Was not in regular rotation.  Great fun. Pablo's with the blue/white label are fantastic.

This put me in the mood for more jazz piano, so I got out Oscar Peterson in a quartet, also with Ray Brown on bass.  Another wonderful experience from my not regular LPs.
I'm more of a quality over quantity guy. I got back into vinyl about 7 years ago. I'm 55. I had vinyl, 8 track, cassette, cd, said, DVD-A, downloads in multiple configurations and now back to vinyl. I don't know how many albums I have now but it's over 700. If I can get a 45rpm version of the album I will always get that one. I stay away from the bargain bins. I like to get a new copy off the master tapes if that's available. I don't have a problem buying a used album from a collector either on Discogs or my local record store. One of them buys collections and separates the really good stuff. I live in New Orleans and there are 4 record stores walking distance from my house and another 2 within 3-4 miles. So I'm fortunate. I haven't figured a good way to catalogue them without actually going through them. I listen to everything I have, obviously some more than others. But I have no problem pulling something out blindly. I used to have a large wine collection. There were wines I wouldn't drink unless it was a special occasion. Then I got into a motorcycle accident. Everyday became a special occasion. If somebody was over I would blindly pull from the cellar and pull the cork. It's the same with my vinyl collection now. If I bought it, I must've of liked it so why not listen to it. If I want to listen to something I'll go for it but sometimes I just randomly pull. That's why I have more than a few albums.