Stay away from the nad

Yesterday the right channel on my NAD C356 went bad just three months after the warranty expired.  75% of the sound shifted to the left. Just out of curiosity, did anyone had a similar problem? I contacted an authorized service center and their estimate was $400.00???
I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING MADE BY NAD. GARBAGE BELONGS TO GARBAGE.
Anyhow, on Monday I will order Accuphase E-270 to put the end to the search for an Integrated amplifier.

djengan
It sounds like you didn't politely insist on speaking with a manager.  It sounds like you haven't pursued the matter, but with a budget of over $4000 for a replacement, you won't miss the Nad.

I had Denon replace a remote out of warranty.  I've had Paradigm replace a tweeter out of warranty.  I've had Nissan repair my Altima out of warranty.  All free.   I guess perhaps it's a skill one has to develop.
Just look at how many NAD products are sold on here alone as 'Factory Refurbished'...... Where there's smoke.........
my own experience matches most of the above posters--the pre-1990 nad stuff has been durable and reliable, while almost all of my post-1990 nad gear was problematic (though in fairness it sounded good when it was working).
The Nad PE stuff from the 80's apparently had issues too.  I still contend that the current integrated amps( or the ones just being retired for the new digital amps) are pretty rock solid.  Yeah there's failures.  Obviously Nad is good to replace them, refurbish and sell with full warranty.  What's the percentage of failures, that's the big question.  

I agree with eldergod. See a lot of refurbished Nad on the 'Gon. Was looking at the refurb Nad Tuners. Don't think I will get one now.....