Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I've had my Magnepan SMGa's since July of 1990 (almost 22 years). They have been back to Magnepan for re-wiring once. For years I powered them with a Rotel RA820BX3 integrated amp. About 5 years ago, I upgraded to the Rotel RA1062. After all these years, the bass output has actually increased (a guest asked me if I had a subwoofer).
Just picked up a set of SPICA Angelus $600 Wednesday,they are great speakers from what I have read/heard. The seller told me he replaced the woofers and tweeters with Celestion DL6 drivers but I did not care because I have a set of Audax tweeters to pop in if I ever need to.
Thiel CS3. Brazilian rosewood, #23 & #24 off the line. Perfect looking and sounding for there age.
Is this thread really 10 years old? :0

For me, my Epos ES11's -- which they will have to pry out of my cold, dead hands. I have never heard them make a 'mistake.' And I have been listening to them for 7 or 8 years.

Terry
Canuhearthat,
If he changed the woofers, they are no longer the same speakers as they were designed to be. And it appears that you paid way too much.