Your Favorate JBL's from the 70's

My first pr of JBL's where L26 then L110 and finally L220.
I was 17 when my mother purchased the L220's for me.I must say the police where called several times for load music and for my Mother I'm sorry for
all the problems caused by me and these concert hall spkr's.
What's is your story?
Mike
hiendmmoe
I am the original owner of a pair of L19's that I bought in 79 for $460 and $5 for the stands!   No idea how I came up with the money back then.  After a woofer refoam they sound pretty darn good.   They image well with a decent sized soundstage.   To my ears a little shy in the base- perhaps the x-over needs a recap.   I remember a pair of 220's playing at Tech Hifi that left me in awe!
In the late 70's (high school), I had a pair of L56s driven by a Sherwood receiver.  Those speakers sure did sound sweet especially when I hauled them out of my basement set-up to the living room for some wild/loud parties while my parents were away.  I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did and am sorry that I sold them about 7 years ago.  At least I still have the great memories ...
4530 / D140 theater scoops built from plans purchased from JBL for electric Bass driven by a Marantz 8B preamplified by a modified Fender Twin Reverb. Far more headroom than any commercially offered Bass amp until the debut of the acoustic Control 360/361.

JBL was very helpful to the do it yourselfer in the sixties and early seventies. James Bullough Lansing aka James Martini a true pioneer of audio fidelity who excelled at innovation. He struggled in business as a partner in Altec Lansing and later seeded his own company JBL who sadly left us in 1949 at the young age of 47. 

1973 JBL Lancer (Athena) 99 used
1976 JBL Century L100
1979-80 JBL L112 (sold these in 2012 for the same price I paid brand new.)