Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Infinity QLS I bought them in 1978 or 79 they were in my system until 2011 I still have them but not hooked up. They are a great speaker if you have enough clean power to drive them. Replaced them with Martin Logan CLX if you ever find a pair of qls the Ayre mono blocks work well with them I would love to hear them with 4 ayre mono blocks bi amped.
The Mark&Daniel Apollo II's that I have with custom external crossovers is not too shabby at all. Definitley a keeper.
Merlin Master VSM's. The crowning achievement of 16 years of design work, free of the usual marketing crap and planned obsolescence. just persistent research and development by a company devoted to the craft. Unless I move into a very large room some time in the future (not likely), these will be with me for life.