If bi-amping is so great, why do some high end speakers not support it?

I’m sure a number of you have much more technical knowledge than I. so I’m wondering: a lot of people stress the value of bi-amping. My speakers (B&W CM9, and Monitor Audio PL100II) both offer the option. I use it on the Monitors, and I think it helps.

But I’ve noticed many speakers upward of $5k, and some more than $50k (e.g., some of Magico) aren’t set up for it.

Am I missing something? Or is this just one of the issues on which there are very different opinions with no way to settle the disagreement?

Thanks folks…

128x128rsgottlieb
Alan,
If you like your combo of Maggie's and bernies there is probably no reason to spend the money and change anything.

Enjoy,

Kenny.
Post removed 
I've never seen any reason to bi amp....   but i have wondered if the impedance changes because you are driving terminals that are normally tied in parallel with a jumper .  I think using different amps for each section is a recipe for disaster....  how can amps with different gain, input sens. and voicing yield better results? 

I have used several pairs of mono amps, never dissatisfied with the results.   My last stereo amp was a McCormack DNA 125 which was a great amp, no doubt,  but my current Quicksilver amps throw a huge 3D image.....maybe it has nothing at all to do with the fact that they are mono but the difference in stereo imaging was not subtle
Any crossover requires reactive elements, i.e. caps or inductors or both. High quality caps, such as film and foil teflon or styrene, are prohibitively costly in the high values required for crossing over at the speaker. They are just affordable at the line level.

However, exotic crossovers can make all the difference in the world to mating two speaker elements, and so, if this topology is not replicated in the electronic crossover which drives the amps, bi-amping will be inferior for those speakers.

I had great results multi-amping in my Maggie phase, because in those days their crossovers were straightforward devices.
Post removed