Best interconnect burn-in method

I think I know the answer to this, but I just wanted to double check with everyone.  I am in the process of burning in an XLR interconnect.  The interconnect is between the DAC and the integrated amp.  I am using a laptop as the source, and it is connecting via USB cable to the DAC.  Is it true that I am still burning in the XLR IC if I leave the integrated amp turned off while playing music continuously on my laptop with the DAC turned on?  Thank you for your input.

respected_ent
Post removed 
You could put it in the Freezer for the day. Then keep repeating this process and it will open up even more. The bass will become stronger your life will become so much more pleasing. You will wake up better in the morning not feeling Groggy.

I Usually like putting my Shiny objects in the listening room. This results in better seperation and absorbs the negative ions from the atmosphere. This helps the Speaker cables to feel more settled in.

If you think about it. When you move to a new home dont you need a few days to settle down and feel at home??
VOLTAGES are stored in a dielectric, and released over time, in any component/cable with measurable, "capacitance".     There's no, "pseudo" anything involved in that fact.   The complex musical signals, listened to via our cables, can be smeared by those voltages, released out of time/phase with the primary signal.   Personally, I've been aware of the effects of Dielectric Absorption since the early Eighties, and made my own cables of Teflon dielectric/silvered, 5 Nines copper, double-shield coax(government surplus), back then.    Remain hidden from truth, under your cozy security blankets, if you must(Dunning & Kruger would be so proud)!     (http://www.wima.com/EN/absorption.htm)
@rodman99999

Dielectric is important (it can add capacitance or store voltage as you point out) but not relevant when it comes to audio frequencies over distances of a living room. Air is ideal for speaker cables - so they just need an insulating jacket that is flexible.

It is is simple to obtain pro audio equipment that can accept XLR connections and can handle longer runs and higher capacitance in line level cabling.

If various interconnects are affecting the sound then it is a reflection of the poor quality build of the audio equipment. Usually consumer audio sounds dull and lifeless when using longer run cabling because the inferior design cannot handle the additional capacitance (what you call smearing).

Poor quality boutique gear is the main reason that an interconnect will make a difference.