Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Thanks teajay

I just bought some Tektons. I was very impressed by them. I absolutely can't wait to get them. It is a complete Home Theater system and should really sound special. At least I hope so! :-)
Kenny,
Double Impacts replacing the Zu DEF IV is interesting as that speaker has many happy owners on this site. There's quite a long ongoing audiogon  thread regarding that speaker. 
Charles 
Charles,
Yes I know I've read that thread several times.I owned Druid V's before the def's,I preferred the def's overall.
Both were upgraded to the max,internal wiring,Duelands on the radian compression drivers,damping material on the FRD baskets,and added damping inside cabinets.

They are a pretty good speaker that I have had for about 5 yrs, I've been fascinated for full range single driver speakers for a long time and had to try some but at the end of the day they have shortcomings that I don't care to live with anymore.

They are a little shouty and in your face,they beam the upper frequencies and they don't measure flat they have a 2 to 3 db bump up around the 2k to 4K range,It's the mechanical crossover of the whizzer cone.I get the same basic measurements in 3 diff. Rooms that I have tried them in from our older house to our new house that we have been in for 2yrs.
The in room efficiency rating is 3db lower than advertised also,which is really no big deal they are pretty efficient anyway.

They Sound their best with tube amps especially dht's, really helped smoothe them down a little bit.

They are a unique speaker but with preferring my DI's much more it's time to move on and I don't regret it at all.

Over the years I have owned tannoy's and altec 604's but I know I would still prefer the DI's,just a incredibly magical speaker.

I know your pretty darn happy with your system but if you ever get a chance to listen to a pair of Di's you might like them.

Kenny.
kdude
I only heard the Tekton speakers with tube amplification. Raven Audio Amps to be specific and they sounded great. You commented that they sound best with tube amplification. I have solid state, so I hope you are wrong there. I guess I will find out.
Hey everybody,

Just spent five hours listening to Canary Audio's reference SET 300B mono-blocks that are in for review on the DI's.  Yes, these are brand new and need some hours of burn-in, yet they sounded quite superlative right out of the crate.

Here's some cursory impressions regarding the difference between the wonderful Triode Lab SET 2A3 sound compared to the SET 300B amplifier driving the DI's.

1) First, the DI's are truly perfect conduits, you hear every change you make upstream so easily.

2) Do you like great plasma or high res?  The 2A3 has slightly more dense colors/timbres/warmth (beautiful) and the 300B has slightly more defined leading edges of the individual players.

3) The layering and size of the sound-stage using the 2A3 is quite good/natural, however the 300B expands on these aspects in all directions: height, width, depth

4) With both being driven by the Micro-ZOTL more of the speed and overall power of the line-stage is transmitted by the 300B amp.

5) The bottom end of the 300B amp is much more powerful/taut compared with the 2A3 amp.

Remember, this is all cursory and the Canary needs to burn-in more.  Both amplifiers are wonderful on the DI's, but different and I think which will appeal more to you and I would be totally personal taste and the type of music you mainly listen to.