HELP AFTER MY MODS, My tweeters are subdued and weak-

So I have a pair of Mirage M1 speakers, I changed the caps in the crossovers to Jantzen Superior Z (for the tweeters) and standard z for the mids and bass.

I also changed the internal cabling to Supra Classic 2.5.

First Impressions-  Not burned in yet
The highs are there but really recessed in the background. Theres a song I reference and it has a steel guitar solo, I can bearly hear it through the vocals because its seems recessed so far back.

SO HERES THE QUESTION- Is that a symptom of unburned in cables and or caps, or is that just what Supra cables give you?

When I changed the internal cabling a few years back on the same model speaker, I used DH LABS t14 Silver plated cable, This had the opposite effect, it was super bright and fast, but it smoothed out and the brightness relaxed, leaving a lot of detail but not so much your ears bled.

But here its the opposite, its dull on the top end and the vocals kind of take over and blur out the top end.

idahifi
With using just plain old zip cord I get better highs than the temporal continuums. Anyone have any idea why?
What setting on the dials? on the highest?
Hi Sean, Well since its your thread and you asked,  I'll go a bit off subject and answer your question.  There are some general rules about cables, that overall hold true... overall, but not entirely...  Heavy gauge solid core transfers bass better, lighter stranded cables transfers high end better. Of course a lot of other things affect this.... wire coating (skin effect)  purity and type of copper or coating on copper,  is there a braid or only multiple individual strands...etc etc etc.  Myself,  My favorite cables were made of 38 gauge cotton coated litz.... Multiple stands were used in several different braids twist etc until we found the right mix.... final result was about a 9 guage cable... this was a very pleasing, yet detailed cable.  In your woofers, I would probably use the heavy belden on the woofer, then make sure that you use one of the nice standed wires on your tweeter.     
As far as your speaker cables, I'm sorry, but I have no experience with the Tara Labs,  that's why I gave a very basic elementary cable explanation,  to help you discover what might make a difference in your system.  Next,  don't throw in the towel yet,  your speakers will continue to go through minor changes for quite awhile.  I hope this all helps,  Tim

I'm a hififan, I tried the dials on all settings, with no change. 

The caps I replaced were:
 the electrolytic, (2- 6.8uF , 2- 8uF, a 47uf and a 10uF) 
Also film caps, 3- 3.3uF, 2 -10uF and a 4.7uF.
Two polarized electrolytic 2200uF, but these I replaced with electrolytics.

How can I tell what the resistance should be, that device that Tim posted , will that tell me the correct resistance? If I measure the other crossover that I haven't changed any electrolytic caps out of yet. 
If I find out the correct resistance can I change the resistors to the correct values. 
I want to keep the jantzen caps but I don't want to alter the intended resistance, can I accomplish this by swapping resistors with an higher resistance?
Eric, hififan, Tim, what are your thoughts on the above post. I want to correct this issue so I can retain my Tara labs cables,,, if that's possible