Blue sound Node 2 vs Lumin D1

I am looking for a streamer with a built in DAC.  I have backed off my original plan to purchase the Aurender A10 and am looking for a less expensive option.  The Bluesound and Lumin players do essentially the same thing  BTW, my immediate interest is streaming Tidal, so MQA is a possible plus for both players.  The obvious difference between $500 for the Node 2 and $2000 for the Lumin distinguishes the two players.  Does that price difference translate to a significant difference in performance/sound quality? Both are within my budget but I would rather not spend the additional $1500 unless the improvement is fairly dramatic.  I would really like to hear from anyone who has had both players in their system and have had an opportunity to compare them.
randyhat
+1 for Kclone advice.
Lots of choices in DAC’s for that money.
I love my Bluesound node2 beats using a computer for ease of use and its app, tough not perfect woks very well.

Up against my Bifrost multibit the Bluesound holds its own fairly well. If you don’t hear them side by side it would be hard to fault the Bluesound.

Do you have a DAC now? if so which one?
What is the rest of your system?

No DAC now.  The rest of the system is a Bryston 4bsst2 power amp. Audio Research LS-15 Pre, Bryston BCD-3 CD Player, VPI Aries turntable with Dynavector xx2 cart and Vandersteen Quatro CT speakers.
Get the Bluesound someplace where they give you a good amount of time to see if you like it. Musicdirect comes to mind.
That way you can see if you like digital streaming. You can always get a DAC later if you want. 
I own the Bluesound Node (1), and output to my Schiit Gungnir or Ayre Codex.
I am essentially using the Bluesound for its' wireless connectivity and I have to say it works like a charm.
The Node 2 is a better unit-DACwise. 
I would recommend you try the Bluesound. You can find them on Ebay pretty cheap if you can wait. And, like I mentioned, you can buy a really good DAC and get unimpeachable sound as well as great wireless connectivity.
I have moved to digital streaming almost completely. It is unbelievable to have an almost unlimited library of music at high quality for a $10-20 per month. Though many love Tidal, I think the Spotify premium subscription is good enough.
B

Have you thought of one of the micro computers with a digital out and a good DAC. most can be set up to display on a tablet or phone or you could output the video to a small tv or monitor(touch screen is ultimate). I use an Asus Vivo mini pc it outputs optical as well as USB and HDMI. I run the Tidal ap and display it on my TV that is in the same room but I have tried it with a tablet and it works great. I output the digital to my MSB DAC to great effect. This also gives me the flexibility to use any other streaming service that's available on the internet also YouTube etc. Not to mention all the benefits of a small form computer. I payed around $300 for the Vivo and it also had 500gb hard drive built in and can also run a NAS so lots of options. I run mine wirelessly but you can hard wire it to the internet as well.

I use one like this one

https://www.asus.com/us/Mini-PCs/VivoPC_VM42/