LTA - MZ2 Driving solid state amps.

Hello All,

I want to get a new pre and I have narrowed it down to the LTA  MZ2 and ps audio bhk, with the mz2'being the one I probably will try.Both of these have built in headphone amps which I would occasionally like.

I would like any feedback on both preamps related to the pairing with solid state amps of any kind.

Kenny.
kdude66
Teajay gave me this answer in another thread,even though I would probably use tubes with either pre. I still would like more info.

As far as Kenny's question regarding how the Micro-ZOTL sounds like driving SS amps is it brings its virtues to the overall sound when I used it with great SS pieces like Accuphase, Pass Labs, and Perla Audio.

I'm leaning more  towards the MZ2 at this point sounds like a incredibly good preamp.

Anybody want to comment.

Kenny.
I'm sure the BHK is good from what I've heard but I haven't heard it. I have two of the MZ2's and they are spectacular. I also have a Benchmak AHB2 on the way to me so I can let you know next week how it sounds with SS.
Lance,

Sounds very good,I'm anxious to hear about the outcome.

I haven't heard the ahb2,It has been on my shortlist since it came out,I hear I'ts a very clean machine might put class d to shame paired with the right Pre. and you might have the perfect combo.

Keep is updated,

Kenny.
I ordered my MZ2 today and should have it in about 3 weeks,I can't wait to try it.

I have a extensive collection of 6sn7 tubes already that I have bought and used over the years but I will try my favorite one first and that is a current production tube the Shuguang Treasure CV181-Z.

Kenny.