Best Record You Have Ever heard

Thought I would start this thread for all you vinyl lovers out there.

The rules are simple:
1. Only post one album, the absolute best you have heard.
2. It must be something you have heard on VINYL.
3. Both the recording AND musical content must be impeccable
and I do mean BOTH!
4. Try to be as specific as possible i.e/ version, year, re-issue, original, 45RM,direct to disc, half speed mastered etc...

Here is mine.

Artist: John Frusciante
Album: Curtains
Release: Record COllection
Date: 2005
Recording: It was done in his living room, fully acoustic album. Mastered by Bernie Grundman Hollywood CA.
dfelkai

I unfortunately can’t think of a single "Pop" album I love both musically and sonically. Those two qualities seem to be mutually exclusive in Popular music, at least as far as my taste in that music is concerned. Cat Stevens Tea For The Tillerman is great sonically, but musically? No thanks!

Classical LP’s are different---there are a fair number I own excellent in both regards. A lot of the Harmonia Mundi titles, both French and U.S., are imo really fine musically and sonically. There is a U.K. label that specialized in Baroque (whose name escapes me at the moment, and my LP’s are still in cartons, waiting for me to set up my new racks---IKEA’s EKET) that issued a series of recordings by Brit Trevor Pinnock. Solo performances on harpsichord of Baroque material---excellent performances in great sound. Listened to through QUAD ESL’s, the harpsichord appears right before my eyes and ears, I feeling as if I am in the room in which the performances took place, the enveloping recording-venue room sound filling my listening room. Fantastic!

If you ever see any of the Ark label LP's, grab 'em. Speaker designer Robert Fulton (R.I.P.) recorded local Minnesota amateur church choral groups, and the sound is absolutely amazing---very transparent, delicate, natural. Maybe the most lifelike recorded vocals I've ever heard, including any and all direct-to-disc LP's, the sound of which I love. And I find the musical groups charming, even if not of professional caliber. I would much rather listen to some amateurs than many pro's I could mention! Steve Perry, Michael McDonald, Geddy Lee, or Kevin Cronin, anyone?

Artist: The Grateful Dead
Album: Reckoning
Issue: First & original

This one is excellent all the through
The best Night on Bald Mountain is on Chesky Sir Adrian Boult Concert favorites.  I have not seen this record on vinyl but a few times but it is amazing.
The best Night on Bald Mountain is on Chesky Sir Adrian Boult Concert favorites.  I have not seen this record on vinyl but a few times but it is amazing.
Some above already mentioned I also like and agree with I don't think anyone has commented on Gino Vannnelli "Powerful People" MFSL Half Speed Mastering on Japanese vinyl.