Amps Atma-Sphere M-60 Mono blocks OTL design

I just purchased a used OTL Atma-Sphere M-60 mono blocks that I have sent to Atma-Sphere to be upgraded to the current model 3.3 and I also added the option of a higher quality power supply and V caps.

I have sold my old trusted Eggleston Andra 2’s speakers and have built some monitors using Aurum Cantus ribbons (102db) and Aurum Cantus midwoofers (90db) that are both rated as 8 ohm nominal. I have a DEQX Premate and will be crossing over to (2) JL Audio F-113 subs at 80hz.

Currently I am using a solid state high power stereo amp (Pass Labs) that I used with the Andra 2’s.

The Atma-Sphere M-60 is rated at 60 watts class A and is said to work better with higher impedance loads.

It will probably be a few weeks until I get the M-60 and was hoping someone could provide opinions of what to expect.

I listen to late 60 early 70’s classic rock music mostly. Sometimes loud.

ozzy

128x128ozzy
Holy Cow!- Considering that your speakers are far more efficient than my Vandy Treo's, you have me thinking about adding a pair. I recall Steve McCormack saying that the Zero's do make a difference, even with Solid State.
Bob
Driving easier speaker loads (high impedance) should be beneficial for all types of amplifiers and not limited to just tube power amplifiers. 
Charles

atmasphere,

I just posted some pictures under "ozzy system" page.

gdnrbob,

I was wondering why there are not any used Zero's for sale. They are a real plus.

charles1dad,

The amps seem like they are now more powerful.

ozzy

Ozzy,
I understand , my speakers are 14 ohms and it seems as though my amplifier is just coasting along very relaxed and natural.
Charles 

Driving easier speaker loads (high impedance) should be beneficial for all types of amplifiers and not limited to just tube power amplifiers.
Charles
+1  It continues to amaze me how many people don't get this basic fact!