JL Audio F110 Vs F112

Would a pair of F112 be a significant improvement over a pair of F110 for hi-fi music only system?
tgonzales
I sold my f113 for two f110 v2.  I am using primarily for 2 channel and home theater.  Very pleased with the even bass with enough slam for home theater.  I use a JL CR-1 to integrate into system
I've wanted a sub in my system for quite some time and considered going the F110 route at one point until I read a few reviews on them showing their fairy limited SPL output before resorting to higher then ideal levels of distortion.

If I remember correctly they started showing signs of stress just over 95db of output which is subpar IMO for a sub.

For this reason I wouldnt consider anything less than an F112 at minimum for my listening habits.
There are no absolutes with Audio. Everyone has their opinion and I can only repeat what I've already stated based on actual listening, "I prefer one F112 to dual F110s. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Why did they stop making the F110?
I had the opportunity to test a pair of F112s vs a pair of F110s.  Same location, same system.   The F112s produce more powerful (visceral) bass and seem less stressed (less movement) than the F110s.  I would not consider it a night-and-day upgrade in a pure two-channel system IN MY ROOM.   Other settings and other uses may prove very different.

The reasons to start with the F112 are aesthetics (a 12" looks the part), potential when stressed and having the more commonly reviewed model (which probably helps long-term resale).   These three reasons probably do not merit the price difference, but I'm keeping them to avoid the worse of the audiophile vices: buyer's remorse.