DO NOT SELL OR BUY FROM THAILAND

I admit, I fell for a scammer from Thailand, even though I was warned. It just was that it took forever to sell my Stealth cables at a give away price. These cables are awesome, but evidently not popular in the USA. I refused to send the cables to the buyer because he wanted me to declare the value at $30 USD for custom fees. So he had me direct the shipment to his friend in SoCal. Now, after UPS (and I insured the cables for $4,000 to save on shipping-my fault) delivered the package, the buyer says his friend did not sign and receive the cables! Just be aware A-Gon members, and don't be foolish like me.
128x128talk2me
chrshanl37,

I agree with you completely. I have lived in 9 countries and now reside abroad. There are bad and good people everywhere. Country of origin is a predictor of nothing at all -- except racism on the part of those who want make one country look bad -- or worse than others.
If you had bothered to read books on Asian culture you’d know that merchants in many cultures lose face with peers if he does not screw the customer.
People have the same basic needs everywhere but cultures meet them in different ways .
Goes WITHOUT saying there are good and bad everywhere .
There ARE good countries and there are bad countries , a person is not a country .
Best countries I have lived in are Finland, Germany, Canada and Japan .Of course 
racism is evil , also rampant in American culture , odds are a white man from Alabama
is more likely to hold racist views than a white man from Norway .
Odds, not a given .
schubert,

The kind of generalization you are making is nonsense. Books on Asian culture do not tell the whole story. Face is big in Asia -- but not only in Asia. I live in Asia. My wife is Asian. I know lots of people in high end audio all over Asia. If screwing customers in Asia is to be assumed in transactions then how to explain that I have never had a single problem doing audio business here. I have done audio business with Indonesia, India, Vietnam, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.

Talking about screwing customers, governments all over the world screw the people. Why not start with that generalization. You might find more people agreeing with you on that subject.
Odds are Audio is a small niche , you are a peer in that group not a retail customer .Simple.
Obviously Governments do the most screwing, In US it took thirty trillion $$$$ of private debt and made it public debt, biggest screwing in human history . 
schubert,

Once again, you are making an erroneous assumption. I am not a peer and never have been. I sell and buy audio equipment strictly on a personal basis for my system.

I agree you observations regarding government.