Acoustat 2+2...Any users?

Hi all, Picked up a used pair of 2+2's for a good price and from a very nice guy. I was wondering if any body out there is still using these classics. I am on a speaker reviewing frenzy trying to find out what sounds best in my living room. Also own Martin Logan ReQuest's, Quad ESL 63's. Also would like to know if anybody knows of someone that supplies spare parts or services the Acoustat's incase ever needed. Thanks, Bob
telescope_trade
Yes, for many years before and many years after...
With a Krell amp and Velodyne ULD 15 sub.
Take your time for tuning them and you will appreciate.
I Love this speaker and if you find the right way to listen them you also will :-)

Audio Optimizer say all what I have to say on many point, he think right! Wow i'm not the only one to think like that that's funny:)
I have been using a pair of 2+2s since the mid 80s. I recently did an update on the interfaces (better caps, resistors, etc) and am even more pleased with the 2+2s. I recently acquired a sacd player and the speakers I am using for surround (as in movie soundtracks: explosions and other noises) are no longer satisfactory, so when I can get my hands on another pair of 2+2s or a pair of 1+1s, I will use them as surround speakers to reproduce music.

Paul
I have had my Acoustat 2+2s for 17 years; will not give them
up for anything. I found it does work with an active
preamp but of extreme high quality either solidstate or tube. Needs tons of power; curently I have a Spectral DMA200
pure class A, that works extremely well with them. Relaced the caps awhile back with much better ones and it sounded
a lot cleaner. Which transformer did it come with?? The
Gold Medallion???

Good luck, and good choice!!!
I have had my 2+2s since the mid 80's. I recently upgraded the interfaces by making new circuit boards and using higher quality caps and resistors.

I just bought a pair of used 1+1s for the rear channels for multichannel sacd and home theater playback.

I am as happy now with the sound from the acoustats as I was when I first bought them.
I've a pair of medallion 2+2's for about one year - before that had Monitor 3's for 20 years. Originally drove 2+2's with Luxman pure class A 105 watt amp. Switched to Audio Rearch VTM 200 monoblocks with dramatic results. Acoustats are very finicky speakers, can be a huge pain to set up, and are extremely hard on an amplifier. But there is a reason people keep them - because when finally set up, they produce a combination of realistic imaging, full-range sound, and amazing lack of listening fatigue that I have never heard elsewhere. PS - don't ever use a subwoofer.