I have a blown driver and I'm not sure what to do

I have a set of Paradigm Speakers that make up my 7.1 set-up.  I had blown driver in one of the ADP 590s I'm using for a side speaker and replaced a driver in it ($300) 

I hear distortion in the other ADP and I'm pretty sure it's ANOTHER blown driver.  The price of the driver has gone up to $500.....same exact part.

Part ID # 2030800007 

I don't know that it's worth it....

Any thoughts?

128x128shweinhold
Thanks for the responses!

When the first driver went I did consider my amp, and determined that it wasn’t this issue based on discussion with friends and Paradigm.

Denon AVR3808CI

Maybe I missed something, but it’s been the same amp and speakers for over 8 years now. Maybe something is wrong with the amp?

Here’s the rest of my set-up:
Mains
Studio 60 v4
Center
Studio CC 590 v4
Surrounds
Studio ADP 590 v4
Rear
SA-15R-30
Sub
Sunfire True Sub

130W sounds like a lot, but it's not. So if you play loud you might be
distorting (over driving) the very small power supplies in the amp.
Low power = heat= blown speakers

Do you think the amp isn't enough?  It was recommended by several people and I've had no issues for years.

These are only surround speakers, so they really haven't been used much.

You are driving a lot of speakers with that amp and up to a certain volume level, you should be ok. You might have crossed that line and as peterr53 suggested, over drove the speakers. A distorted source could have contributed to the problem also. When driving multiple speakers you need high power and high current for high gain. I don't think your amp is up to the task, especially if you like it loud and have a large room.

When I hear Denon AVRXXX, I freak out. They're unpredictable, unmanageable, and unserviceable and may reveal LOTS of intermittent problems.

They throw an array of intermittent problems within the time of usage and do not match specified parameters. As previous posters noted, use this AVR only at moderate to low volume levels and do not try to reach IMAX SPL. Also make sure that your speakers do NOT go bellow 6Ohms (which isn't probably the case with your paradigms, but who knows...) or your AVR will be history shortly after blown woofers. The output amp modules are not designed to drive heavy speakers even if specified parameters are showing contrary.