MMGs

A year ago, I bought a pair of MMGs.  In my 13x22 room, placement was a challenge but finally worked it out.

Speakers are powered by an Adcom GFA-555.  The only source is a CD player through a passive pre-amp.

Now I have a little more to spend and would like thoughts on the following options:

1) Mye stands for the MMGs

2) The DWM panel with the MMGs (secondary question - can this panel be placed on a side wall perpendicular to the MMGs?)

3) 1.7s

Open to other out-of-the-box suggestions as well.

The goal is always to attain that Magnepan soundstage.  Musical tastes are female vocalists, jazz, blues.
kythyn
I agree with someone up there....get a good musical sub!
Bass makes everything better.
Not sure what you're using for a preamp but with $2500, I agree with everyone's suggestions to upgrade your amp with  used ones until you find the sound you like, using half the money. Only consider high current amps. I haven't heard the Odyssey but the  Rogue integrated brings some warmth to the MMGs and the Parasound was worth a listen. I like the Van Alstine Synergy 240 I'm running now with a Van Alstine T10 tube based pre.

If your CD player has a digital output, you could use the other half of your budget on a decent DAC. You may be surprised at the difference. The DAC market is little crazy so listen to as many as you can to get an idea of your voicing options and what fits your tastes.

I have only heard the MMGs in my house so I can't comment on the sound of either the .7 or 1.7 models. I can say the DWM brought subtle depth and noticeable dimension when placed correctly and wired out of phase. It is hard to disagree with issues about the cost effectiveness of the gunn rebuild in an under $5000 system. It is  a complete transformation of the stock speaker, replacing the MDF frame with a solid wood structure, reorienting and rewiring the driver and rebuilding the crossover. Great project if its your thing but otherwise pretty daunting. Unfortunately, they may send you on an upgrade path that goes far beyond your original budget plan. A used  DWM might fit in  your budget with the right amp and dac and fit the sound profile you're shooting for.

In a complete change of direction, I am going with Tympani IVs and will sell my MMGs.  I am considering a few amplifier options, including the Odyssey Khartago bi-amped with my Adcom, a Crown Macrotech Reference standalone and a pair of Wyred4Sound mAmps as monoblocks

I am currently using a Schiit SYS passive preamp with the Adcom, but am considering a Van Alstine PAS 4i with the Crown or Wyred4Sound.  I welcome your input on these options.
AVA Pas4i is a great pre, I have one .
Problem is the switches in them are well known to crap out and new ones are not to be had .Usual reason they are for sale .
Schubert,

Thanks for the heads up.  What would you suggest as an under $500 preamp to go with the Crown or Wyred4Sound?  Or should I go straight to a DAC instead of a preamp?