Teo Game-Changer IC's - get on the bus!

I wrote an extremely long review of 4 cables auditioned in my system recently. I pontificated for way too long and it was more an outlet for me to tell a story that cables do matter and how much each design can make your system sound. The last cable through was the Teo GC IC purchased here and it truly was a game-changer in how it shifts our paradigm about what wire gives us as "truth" and what this slurry of Ga-In-Sn can do better (IMO). Not a technical review but an emotional roller coaster through 4 different topologies:

Ribbons
Graphene
Multi-strand
Liquid

I'm happy to re-broadcast that here but it is very long (6+ MSWord pages long). I'll point to it for now and take your advice.

Bottom line is the GC cable is truly stunning in what it can do and for us mere mortals who cannot spend thousands on cabling, I believe it can elevate anyone's system to new heights.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=148932.0

Pete
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xbugredmachine
Weak recordings and sub-standard equipment will show their short-comings rather quickly with these cables. There is no hiding...  :)

So it seems as if the Splash is quite different sounding than the GC cable then, huh? From what I've read, the GC seems to be a warm, full sounding cable.

Anyone experienced the difference between the Silver Splash and the Copper Splash?

I enjoy high resolution, but there is a point where I draw the line.
I cannot listen to any grit, glare, or grain in the name of resolution.
It is a very fine line to walk, but worthwhile if you can do it right, IMHO.

Too much warmth can be as bad as too much resolution though.
One makes you grind your teeth (resolution), one puts you to sleep (warmth).
why would you want something in your system that shows everything how bad it is?

Ah, I see what you are saying @kclone - let us say you are sitting there listening to a wonderful recording on your GCs and really enjoying the music. Then you flip to another album and you say to yourself, "Oh, compared to the last album, this recording isn’t all that great!" whereas with lesser cables, you would not have noticed a difference.

The GCs will elevate your listening experience and will reveal more of the sound that you've likely been missing. Great albums will amaze you, ok albums will be just that, "Ok."

Anyone experienced the difference between the Silver Splash and the Copper Splash?

I have compared the Copper to the Silver Splash cables @jmcgrogan2 and they are very similar; I find the Silver gives you a little more definition. For example, if the artist is singing and using plosives like say the word "Play," the copper will give you all the definition, the silver just allows the sound to have more definition. I think of it as *seeing* the shaping of the plosive "P," coming from the singer’s mouth. If you have fast speakers, the subtlety is amazing. I love the sound of the copper but may be switching to the silvers - Taras and I did an A to B test last Friday and drew the above conclusion.
Thanks bumperdoo. So it sounds as if the difference is similar to the difference between solid metal copper and silver cables.

I find that silver offers more definition than copper, in a general sense.
Ah, I see what you are saying @kclone - let us say you are sitting there listening to a wonderful recording on your GCs and really enjoying the music. Then you flip to another album and you say to yourself, "Oh, compared to the last album, this recording isn’t all that great!" whereas with lesser cables, you would not have noticed a difference.

The GCs will elevate your listening experience and will reveal more of the sound that you've likely been missing. Great albums will amaze you, ok albums will be just that, "Ok."

I have always found that to be the case. Back in the day you could adjust the sound of a bad recording with the use of a good equalizer separate. Can you still get a separate equalizer? 

When collecting albums I would look to see where a good recording was produced and then looked for other musicians under that label.

I do like the GC's for the reason you stated bumperdoo... they make the great recordings that I liked before the GC's sound even better. The bad ones are improved slightly but they will always be just what they are... poorly produced.

So it sounds as if the difference is similar to the difference between solid metal copper and silver cables.

I'd say less than you're used to with copper and silver solid cables @meambler ; whereas silver was distinct from copper with traditional solid cables; liquid silver cables are more plosive than copper as a refinement.

Solid silver cables can be very different from their copper counterparts from the same vendor in my experience. The difference between Splash Copper and Splash Silver is a refinement for those who want or prefer that slightly more defined edge to the sound. It's not as distinct a difference as you may expect.

I find that silver offers more definition than copper, in a general sense.

Agreed @jmcgrogan2