Richard Clark $10,000 Amplifier Challenge - Why Couldn't Anyone Pass this Test??

Any guesses? 
seanheis1
The Quads have issues. First of all they need to be on stands, I had the Arcici stands. Secondly, they need to have their metal grills removed. The grills suffocate the speakers. The Mylar dust covers should also be removed. If you’re nervous about dust in the room get an air purifier or two. Finally, the Quads benefit from better power cords. All of these actions result in tremendous dynamics and bass performance.

Old news - Peter Aczel was saying this in the 80's.  Not worth talking about IMO.  I've owned $25k amp/preamp combos and liked them and I've also used a $200 Onkyo reciever while an amp was being repaired and I liked that too.  Personally, I think the more expensive high-end stuff sounded better and that's what I choose to own and listen to and I couldn't give two shites about what someone else thinks.  And respectfully, either should you .  
I cannot totally Agree,  I have been running pure class A Pass Labs 
And most certainly better then the majority of Class An amps 
Even my brothers Pass 250.8 is far superior yhen most evrn st low volumes 
We compared  a bunch of Audiophile friends gear over 6 months.
The average AB amp could not compete in resolution .
One big reason is the very High bias in class A  for almost the first 20 watts 
Which is a lot with a 90db dpeaker..   The Valvet mono blocks are around 100 wpc
Into 4 ohms pure class A and incredibly detailed at  Low volume .
Vitus, is another HIGH POWER great sounding amp even met low late night 
Low level, as well as Gryphon Diablo ?this and the Vitus,integrated are the 2 best 
Integrated amps I have ever heard at all levels and passed the acid test .
I owned a Aufio store until 06 in Europe the new models are even Better.
If you are willing to spend these are exceptions to the rule.
yage
With respect to the talk on old and new violins, I’m surprised no one has mentioned these two studies:

Is A Stradivarius Violin Easier To Hear? Science Says Nope

Double-Blind Violin Test: Can You Pick The Strad?

>>>>Actually, your humble scribe mentioned those inconclusive "scientific" tests by trained professionals with Stradivarius vs X brand 4 days ago on this very thread. Hel-loo!