Safe Way To Transport LPs

I'm moving to Arizona from Michigan the first week of July, and am wondering about the best way to transport my LP collection.  I can't imagine the records surviving 4-5 days in a moving truck in the summer desert heat.  Maybe overnight the boxes through UPS or FedEx?
tomryan
If you can't fit them all in your car, use BAX Global. Another option would be to break your collection up into small lots and ship them one at a time.This way if something goes wrong, you don't lose your entire collection.
If you have a serious collection, consider taking a week of vacation, renting a van, and driving them yourself. I did just that, moving my LP's and CD's from Palm Desert, CA to Vancouver, WA. I had to do it before Summer arrived, when temperatures in PD reach 115-120 degrees!
To transport my 1500+ LP collection, I have found it much easier to break it up into smaller boxes.  The free boxes from the local liquor store has the perfect small boxes that hold 50-75 lps each.  It's light and easy to transport.  My collection is in alphabetical order, so it's easy to label each box to keep them in order too.  In my younger days, I had them in large wooden back breaking crates because I figured it was easier to move 3-4 large crates.  Now, as I'm older, it's so much easier to break them up into many smaller, lighter boxes.