Question: Need Help with Cover Art Not Being Displayed on the Aurender N10 Music Server

My dealer ran my LaCie hard drive files through JRiver software to ensure everything was okay (it was).  I then copied my LaCie hard Drive files to my Aurender. When competed, all the files were there but the album cover art was missing.  

As instructed by the dealer, I ran the files through the Aurender Media Manager to create an index. I then connected the LaCie hard drive to the Aurender and it ran for maybe 30 minutes.  I was hoping it would enable the album cover art but it did not.  The album cover art is missing from the display but all the albums are listed correctly (and play okay).

And, yes, I also checked iTunes on my MAC Book Pro computer and confirmed the album art is still on the LaCie hard drive. All my album cover art displayed perfectly using iTunes.

I am waiting for my dealer to call me with a solution for the missing cover art.  Does anyone know what I should do to get the album cover art displayed on the Aurender?  Am I missing a process that needs to be run?  Any suggestions are appreciated.

hgeifman
You stated that "It seems your Aurender is convinced that your USB drive is the same (in terms of contents) as the internal HDD. The external USB drive has 1700 albums mostly AIFF. The internal drive has 946 albums, all m4a (ALAC) files".

I think your Aurender is getting confused between the USB drive and the internal HDD. I believe the Aurender always uses the HDD and needs to be told to use the USB drive. After you insert the USB drive, go into settings and see if you can direct the Aurender to play albums from the USB drive. I have never done this before and am guessing. Please review and let me know. I will do additional research and let you know.
I think this will work but I cannot test it on my system. Go into the Aurender iPad app and select the Aurender tab (for your albums). Go to the folder button (top row) and select USB. I believe this will instruct your Aurender to play albums from your USB drive and not the HDD. Please test and let me know if it works.

The Aurender guide states "When the Aurender searches for album covers, it first searches for the "front.jpg" file. If there is none, then it searches for the "folder.jpg" file". 

When I installed my Aurender, I was told my album cover art had to be named folder.jpg.   Since, it seems, your front.jpg names are not working, I suggest you change two albums to folder.jpg and see if your album cover art is displayed correctly.  Please let me know.  

Thanks
On cover art, all the artwork file names are currently the names of their respective albums.  Whatever the file name recognized by Aurender -- "folder" or "front" -- it would seem that I would have to go into every one of 1,702 music files and change the name of the file to "folder" or "front." That is crazy; no time for that.  Is this your understanding of the situation?
Also you mentioned that you'd spoken to Aurender support. I hadn't realized that that was an option. Am I correct or did I misread your post?
S
On the HDD issue, yes, I do understand how it's supposed to work. The perplexing thing is that it looks like it's playing from the internal HDD even when I have correctly selected USB as the source folder. To make it even weirder, the app correctly displays the name of the USB drive, while apparently playing from the internal one.
Hmmm...
S