Hum sound ..is it me or is it you? LOUD hum in system

I sold a classe SSP-30 preamp 2nd week of April. worked fine. I played with it . zero noise at all.
sold it to get a simpler dedicated 2 channel preamp.

nearly two weeks after it was delivered I get an email saying that when the classe 30 is installed there is loud hum...but when its not there is no issue. 

that is all I am told..and "I want to send it back"

im kind of agitated that buyer took his sweet time to get around to checking it out or whatever.  Not sure what to do or what I can do. I told him to send it back so I can see it.

my question is, I read lots of info on grounding loops and funny noises .   because buyer claims he has noise does it leave me any other choice but to take it back?

I used the pre before I sold it for this exact type of reason.  i just didnt take video.   im not to pleased with the extra long delay neither. seems like if you spend that much money on something you check it out right away. it doesnt take a lot to hook up a preamp.

i find it hard to believe a preamp of this caliber would even have ground issues.

I dont know what to do. I feel like I am at this guys mercy no matter what?
gentlejax
its not me...he is on record doing the same thing before

EHANEE
"3 weeks, without any contact whatsoever, Ehanee claimed DAC I sold him not working. Started a Paypal dispute, they refunded money. Sent DAC back, works perfectly, but missing parts. Not a good experience. Beware"..
on March 27, 2013 9:12am

Gentlejax, with regard to your transaction with Ehanee, below is my email rebuttal to Audiogon back in 2011 after he left negative feedback (which was later retracted.)  Sorry you crossed paths with this fellow.

I believe that the unit was rated accurately, the scratches that the buyer is describing were not there when the unit shipped. I emailed pictures of the unit prior to shipping which he requested.

The buyer did contact me regarding this issue however my Audiogon email is linked to my work email address which I do not check from home or receive alerts. I was not given a chance to respond before the buyer left negative feedback.

I have never ignored his emails. He emailed me yesterday morning he did not mention any issues with the unit at that time and requested information regarding the post which I provided.

When I arrived at work this morning at 8:30 I noticed several emails one from Ehanee regarding the rating and one from Audiogon regarding feedback. As I mentioned before the buyer did not give me a chance to respond to his email before leaving negative feed back.

I shipped the PFR to his cousin’s address per his request. The PFR was delivered 2/2/11 left at front door.

I'm passionate about my gear. I sold the unit for $850.00 which I believe is a very good price for a unit that is described by the buyer now turned seller as “Very good cosmetic condition” he is now reselling it and asking $1250.00

I’m struggling with this negative feedback, confused about the spirit of the process. I will seriously think twice about shipping items in the future.

Enter your text ...
Funkynixon can you contact me ? I tried and didnt see a way to do so.

The unit I sent him is finally delivering today...he lied to me for the first 2 days with the "its on its way" bs....

so I will get it and hopefully he is just one that uses equipment and if not what he likes he claims defect and screws over the seller.

I am going to do my best to make life and this kind of stuff harder for him. 

id like to hear from you so I can add some credibility to my battle with paypal.  I want this on file for this guy.
Got the unit late last night.  Took a while to figure out what was going on because the buyer who said he only hooked it up one night 5 days ago , had actually programmed an Oppo and I think a zenith in the menus.  

So he lied unless he went to all the trouble of changing the labels just during testing. .  I don't think so.  

What I feel happened was he or possibly the guy he was selling too hooked it up and used it during the near 2 weeks.  Somewhere in that time he decided they didn't want it so buyer yells defective.  

It plays and with zero hum.  Before I figured out what I was doing I turned it up near 3/4 and it was dead silent.   

So sellers beware. He will run a con on you  if it's not working out for him.  

Now now what are the chances paypal will side with me ? Probably none.  But at least I have shown the guys true motives . Maybe audiogon will change my feedback 
got up this morning took the day off and played some more with it.  no hum but I do have damage to it on the top front face that was not there when I shipped it out.    it wasnt shipping damage as it was wrapped up tight and secure both ways.

in this whole ordeal the only thing that guy did right was pack it back up.

im still very angry  over this nonsense