Hum sound ..is it me or is it you? LOUD hum in system

I sold a classe SSP-30 preamp 2nd week of April. worked fine. I played with it . zero noise at all.
sold it to get a simpler dedicated 2 channel preamp.

nearly two weeks after it was delivered I get an email saying that when the classe 30 is installed there is loud hum...but when its not there is no issue. 

that is all I am told..and "I want to send it back"

im kind of agitated that buyer took his sweet time to get around to checking it out or whatever.  Not sure what to do or what I can do. I told him to send it back so I can see it.

my question is, I read lots of info on grounding loops and funny noises .   because buyer claims he has noise does it leave me any other choice but to take it back?

I used the pre before I sold it for this exact type of reason.  i just didnt take video.   im not to pleased with the extra long delay neither. seems like if you spend that much money on something you check it out right away. it doesnt take a lot to hook up a preamp.

i find it hard to believe a preamp of this caliber would even have ground issues.

I dont know what to do. I feel like I am at this guys mercy no matter what?
gentlejax
Funkynixon can you contact me ? I tried and didnt see a way to do so.

The unit I sent him is finally delivering today...he lied to me for the first 2 days with the "its on its way" bs....

so I will get it and hopefully he is just one that uses equipment and if not what he likes he claims defect and screws over the seller.

I am going to do my best to make life and this kind of stuff harder for him. 

id like to hear from you so I can add some credibility to my battle with paypal.  I want this on file for this guy.
Got the unit late last night.  Took a while to figure out what was going on because the buyer who said he only hooked it up one night 5 days ago , had actually programmed an Oppo and I think a zenith in the menus.  

So he lied unless he went to all the trouble of changing the labels just during testing. .  I don't think so.  

What I feel happened was he or possibly the guy he was selling too hooked it up and used it during the near 2 weeks.  Somewhere in that time he decided they didn't want it so buyer yells defective.  

It plays and with zero hum.  Before I figured out what I was doing I turned it up near 3/4 and it was dead silent.   

So sellers beware. He will run a con on you  if it's not working out for him.  

Now now what are the chances paypal will side with me ? Probably none.  But at least I have shown the guys true motives . Maybe audiogon will change my feedback 
got up this morning took the day off and played some more with it.  no hum but I do have damage to it on the top front face that was not there when I shipped it out.    it wasnt shipping damage as it was wrapped up tight and secure both ways.

in this whole ordeal the only thing that guy did right was pack it back up.

im still very angry  over this nonsense
Sold a hi end headphone amp and guy says "buzz like a refrigerator".
Figured ground loop, but can't know if maybe shipping damage so took it back. Quiet as could be. Resold it and new buyer says dead quiet. So I got stuck. Cost me $200 in PayPal and shipping. :/
Spoke with the manufacturer in the middle of the process and he says gets a call every 2 weeks from someone complaining of noise and takes the return to find the product is virtually always fine.
hi
From a buyers point of view, i purchased a pair of Aragon Palladiums,
From the high End broker in Holland via paypal 2300euro
They arrived faulty and had been sent from Germany not Holland, one of the amps had low output with distortion,
After providing an engineers report and witness statements to paypal proving my case beyond any reasonable doubt , i had my paypal account closed,
When i offered video evidence which i sent to the seller, paypal insisted they do not except video evidence, so in my experience as a buyer via paypal taking a video of the amplifier was not excepted so i doubt that would help a seller either,
Anyway 6 months later im stuck with the amps they get repaired then go faulty again,
A dealer took them off my hands for 1000gbp so i ended up over a 1000gbp out of pocket, lots of stress and involving third partys for written statements to paypal,
When i answered every question and proved my case beyond any reasonable doubt , they closed my account, leaving a balance of around 1500gbp,
Which i had to wait a month or 2 for but was told they could hold it up to i think 6 months or a year,
I would never buy from High End broker again he is just a platform and takes the sellers word things work,
And i would never buy or sell anything using paypal again they are a scam without question.