E-Bay RETURNS, WHAT A BUCKET OF WORMS

I find out that if you buy a tuner or whatever on e-bay and open it up to put a tube or light bulb in , you have cancelled all your rights to return it......I buy a McIntosh tuner , open it up to replace the light bulbs and notice that my purchase is a piece of junk, I contact the seller and tell them I either need a adjustment or I need to return this........After 15 e-mails with the seller and e-bay about this I am informed that if I take the cover off I am a owner no mater what it looks like inside.......So be careful what you do if you want to return something.........ANOTHER INTERNET LESSON 
autospec
I don’t know about the US, but here in Australia, once you’ve lodged a Paypal dispute, you effectively freeze the sellers Paypal account, so he can’t use it, this get things rolling/sorted very fast as sellers need their Paypal accounts working.

Also if you let eBay or Paypal know that you’ve opened or dismantle any purchase, you loose any comeback rights on it. Best of keeping it to your self, and if you or anyone didn’t sign for it on delivery, you say you never ever received it, that fixes the p****k who sold it to you as ebay gives you an auto full refund, I believe from his account.

Cheers George
Post removed 
The tuner looked fine on the out-side , but when I removed the covers it was all caroded from salt on the inside......The chassis was a green color.......That is where the problem is.......
Post removed 
After spending some time with this tuner, I think that it will become a shop tuner on my work-bench and I will move on to something more productive.....Maybe work on my K-Horns or a couple amps I have orders for.......And listen to music........