Grado cartridges still worth the money?

I wonder if people still pay near $2000 for MM cartridges? I have an old TR and wonder if I should upgrade it to the latest version. 
luna
I have the Grado Statement 2 (low output) which just replaced the older version of the same cartridge that I had for over 15 years.  VPI Aries turntable and the original VPI HW 10 tonearm.  Great midrange...open and detailed.  I've been very happy with these Grados.
Grado is not in your face like most these days, gives you a middle of the hall sound perfect for Symphonic music . Tone is better than most as well .
chakster,

More than a year ago I got a collection of cartridges from a friend who had a home dealership.  Due to his age he'd given up vinyl.  That included both Grado 8MX and XTZ models.  I've had a couple of other Grados but am not familiar with either of those.

I've not auditioned them yet due to rebuilding a 'table.  If the XTZ is as good as you suggest I'm sure I'll be pleased.  Were they all Signatures?  All this one shows on the stylus fitting and cylindrical container is XTZ.