SOTA Sapphire speed issue

Hi, Gang,

I have a SOTA Sapphire turntable that I bought new in the late 1980's. it was sent back to SOTA for a refresh several years ago. They inspected it, replaced the suspension springs and put in a new bearing. 
The table is now having speed problems. It can take literally 4 or 5 minutes to spin fully up to speed. 
Have any of you seen this on your own SOTA table? Any ideas? I'd love to avoid the time and expense of shipping this beast back to SOTA if I can. 
Thanks in advance. 
rebbi
@lewm Thank you very much for chiming in. Actually, the pulley in profile is convex – its midpoint is the fattest part. For whatever that's worth. ;-)
Donna suggested starting with a new belt, so one is on the way. I'll report back!
Hi, Y'all,

Well, got the new belt from Donna and it seems to have solved the speed stability issue. The SOTA manual suggests replacing the belt after three years of normal use, and mine was around 8 or 9 years old! Now I'd like to get my hands on a stroboscopic disk and see what the current speed actually is.
Thanks for all your advice, folks.
Hi,i had the motor run dry,so maybe that can be looked at too.Something i didnt know.The turntable doctor fixed that.