HD AND NON HD TELECAST

I Have been shopping for a flat Screen and have been bouncing between the Formats. I really like the Sony Bravia in LCD.. The Sony Wega in RP... But was kind of still leaning towards Plasma when I strolled into a Video store the other day and noticed how poor the Plasmas looked on one wall... I asked why the veil look and he said they were watching a movie. It wasn't HD.. The only plasma that looked good was the Pioneer Elite. I watch a lot of DVDs and non HD telecast... Is there one format that is better than the others in non HD?

Thanks,

audiotumbler
DVDs look great on my plasma. SD television may look better on other technologies, but this has proved to be a non-issue in my household. We love our plasma and, frankly, I'm surprised that most audiophiles don't prefer plasma (or maybe they do).
Some of us do. It looks great on DVD and on HD broadcasts. On SD (4:3), it is OK and only begins to look ragged if I zoom to fill the screen.

Kal
I have had two Panasonic 50 inch plasma displays and dvd's are great on both. I suspect the store you went to had poor, and long, cables connecting the displays which does not help at all. If you have a decent dvd player I think you will enjoy the plasma.
until hd broadcasts are in place, quality still varies by network. the tv's are fine.
We watch movies most of the time (DVD) and very little regular programming. My wife loved the crispness of the Bravia LCD, but I felt the movie experience would be best on the Plasma. It's just more like a window for me... The pioneer elite plasma was just so superior on standard TV... HD it wasn't as apparent... As long as it's great on DVD that's fine with me..:) There is a couple on new Panny's coming out in a couple of weeks that I wanted to look at.... Didn't really want to spend 5K... More like 2.5K
More to discover