Most Important, Unloved Cable...

Ethernet. I used to say the power cord was the most unloved, but important cable. Now, I update that assessment to the Ethernet cable. Review work forthcoming. 

I can't wait to invite my newer friend who is an engineer who was involved with the construction of Fermilab, the National Accelerator Lab, to hear this! Previously he was an overt mocker; no longer. He decided to try comparing cables and had his mind changed. That's not uncommon, as many of you former skeptics know. :)

I had my biggest doubts about the Ethernet cable. But, I was wrong - SO wrong! I'm so happy I made the decision years ago that I would try things rather than simply flip a coin mentally and decide without experience. It has made all the difference in quality of systems and my enjoyment of them. Reminder; I settled the matter of efficacy of cables years before becoming a reviewer and with my own money, so my enthusiasm for them does not spring from reviewing. Reviewing has allowed me to more fully explore their potential.  

I find fascinating the cognitive dissonance that exists between the skeptical mind in regard to cables and the real world results which can be obtained with them. I'm still shaking my head at this result... profoundly unexpected results way beyond expectation. Anyone who would need an ABX for this should exit the hobby and take up gun shooting, because your hearing would be for crap.  
douglas_schroeder
Jinjuko, you have not posted on any other subject or thread, you have no feedback, you just joined Agon one month ago to post here, and no doubt you do not have the audio experience needed to be credible here. Let us discuss our Ethernet cable preferences helping the audio community we love. Your goal, it seems, is quite narrow and off topic. This thread is for those who are audio and music enthusiasts who want to discuss experiences with various Ethernet cables . This is our audio community not simply a place for you to fly in and derail because you don’t like or understand our shared experience. Sure, this forum is "free" for you to dump on, but sometimes the right thing to do is not place a turd in the punch bowl.

I am seeing this sort of thing happen too much here in our community. It is absolutely ruining the experience once afforded by this site.

@jinjuku

The silence of the evangelists in response to your $2000 challenge is absolutely deafening. Any rational person has to ask, "how real can these claimed audible effects be if the evangelists refuse to pocket easy money and dismiss the opportunity to prove their claims?"

I welcome challenges like yours as it helps frame my own audio obsession within the context of reality. Sure I get as excited about the latest SOTA wonder gear as the next audiophile but technical knowledge like yours allows me to realize that perceived differences can be down to human error, listener position, volume levels and of course the biggest culprit - badly designed, badly built and incorrectly set up boutique audio gear that is totally unreliable from one moment to the next (you don’t need to change anything for it to sound different as it is "tuned" to the fuse, power or wires connected to it rather than the source signal/music.)
shadorne
The silence of the evangelists in response to your $2000 challenge is absolutely deafening. Any rational person has to ask, "how real can these claimed audible effects be if the evangelists refuse to pocket easy money and dismiss the opportunity to prove their claims?"
What's been proposed here by jinjuku isn't a scientifically valid test, but a 5:1 wager playing with a stacked deck. Proper protocols for valid listening tests are well-established, but they don't seem to suit jinjuku's apparent agenda.

Post removed 

What you are seeing is the same convolution of logic applied to a straight forward evaluation method that is applied to all sorts of baseless and unproven claims about data cabling.