Experience with Intona USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Isolator

Based upon some conversations about USB galvanic isolation, I purchased the Intona USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Isolator to potentially increase the SQ of my digital playback. I connected the Intona between an Exogal Comet Plus and modified Mac Mini (outboard PS). I used a 1M Morrow USB cable on the device side and a 0.5M Wireworld Ultraviolet USB on the host side. I burned in the assembly for 100 hours with music files. My first impression was an increased amount of low level detail and a deeper soundstage. However, this came at the cost of dynamics and drive. Music that I was very familiar with seemed to play at a slower, sluggish pace. I replaced the Ultraviolet with a 1M run of Wireworld Platinum Series 7 which helped a little (other reviews indicated that host cable was not a factor – but I clearly heard a difference between the two Wireworld's). I then swapped the Morrow and Wireworld with a slight step backward in dynamics.

Any comments/suggestion to improve the Intona experience would be greatly appreciated.  

BTW, the rest of my system is a Pass INT-60 integrated amplifier, Thiel 3.6 speakers all connected with Morrow Reference cable plugged into a PS Audio P10. Analog side is a VPI Prime with Soundsmith Zephyr MIMIC cart into an iFi phono.

128x128analog
I have an intona. It is one of a very few devices that really improved the sound of my system. More resolution with very smooth highs. It did not effect dynamics at all. I would recommend since it is very lite in weight that you place a heavy object on top of it
Alan
Thanks thanks for your response. I will try a VPI brick to weight it down. What USB cables are you using? I'm thinking that the incompatibility might lie there. 

The Intona is a high quality improvement requiring no external power to operate. I found that putting a pack (small project box filled with steel bb’s) on top of the Intona also added sonic improvement.

I am using Curious usb cables.

ozzy

Thanks for the post. I'm going to try a VPI brick (a piece of steel in a nice wood box) that I've had forever. I also have a Curious USB that I will try. Thanks!

analog OP
Thanks for the post. I’m going to try a VPI brick (a piece of steel in a nice wood box) that I’ve had forever. I also have a Curious USB that I will try. Thanks!

Not wishing to contradict but VPI brick does not contain a piece of steel. Hint:
It’s not really a weight issue.