What speaker cable made a major difference in the sound quality of your speakers??

I am curious what speaker cables made a big "jaw dropping difference" in the sound quality of your current speakers.  What most impressed you about the difference;  that is, overall musicality, tighter, deeper bass, midrange clarity and soundstage depth, etc.etc. 

Keep the price of the speaker cables chosen or auditioned at  between $800- $1000 or  from  $1000-$1500. Was the cable bought new or used??

Thank you,   SJ

sunnyjim
1984 MIT Music Hose that I am still using along with 1984 MIT interconnects.   I often wonder, should I try any of the current gen wires and which ones?  I paid $10 a foot for the Music Hose in 84. Today's prices just blow my mind.   I should have invested in copper.....
ASI Liveline, bought new from dealer and 2 pairs for TRUE bi-wiring. It's replaced Synergistic Apex ~7+ years ago. Also using a full loom of ASI Liveline ICs.  It works equally well with both SS and tube components.
Audio art cables will make a significant difference. I no longer use anything else.
I just went through the exercise of changing all my IC, PC and SPK cables over the last year.  The biggest improvement (surprisingly!) was changing the PCs, and replacing the ICs seemed to fine tune the sound, whereas replacing the speaker cables had some impact, but not as much as the other two.

To aka-ca.  Now that you have sufficiently schooled the membership in the art and science of selecting speaker cable.  Let me respond:

I agree with your points 1) and 2)

On point three where you state...." THAT JAW DROPPING IMPROVEMENT is a highly biased anecdotal and personal value judgement.  at best..."  I can assure you that none of the psychological social adjectives you attached to the phrase "jaw dropping" were conjured up by me in the dead of night paging through either the Alchemist and Freudian dictionary, and then touching my nose and spinning around three times to select the word "jaw dropping"  That was the best word I could think at the time, and there was no hidden second meaning implied.  You seem to have a word sensitivity problem, or an exponent of the French School of linguistic deconstruction. You are over-parciing  the  context of the thread

Most members realize or know that the improvement offered by speaker cables costing between $500-1000 is only marginal, and that some  improvement  should be "probably" heard with a $1500 pair of speaker cables compared to a $500 pair of cables. However, that is not a given.  In the same  way, that a $5000 pair of speaker cables will not necessarily provide 3 and half times sound improvement over the $1500..speaker cables. That may be the first commandment of high-end audio: that incremental improvement of sound can not be necessarily attained doubling or tripling the buyer's outlay of money That may be true across the board for other audio components.  Yet in the chart of price vs performance ratio, there are bumps along the way. For example, Clear Day Cable '"Double Shotgun" speaker cable is extraordinarily good value for the money, and that almost applies to Audio Art 5se cable( though, I happened to like the sound of the Clear Day cable which I auditioned at home, and owned the less expensive  AA SC5 speaker cable. 

Lastly, I think it would be informative and helpful if member Akg-ca  before making what seems like "insider" power point proclamations, list his components, especially the cables used so we can understand and evaluate the level of his audio system

Thank you to other members who responded so far.   SJ