Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Matt, will you use the AES/EBU connection from the N10 when possible or just keep it all in the USB domain?  I noticed the N10 has ethernet for downloads, but no ethernet for connection to a DAC that can accept it like the Ayre or the EA.  I think for me, that's another possibly advantage of the Melco servers as well as the Music Vault servers (we NEED to get you one in your system and I NEED to get one into mine).  Richfield has been using his MV for years now and LOVES it.  I have heard it numerous times and feels it's outstanding and everyone can be built right into it, like Roon etc..  No a commercial as I've only spoken to Neil VB a few times when pricing one out and with questions.  I wonder why most folks don't talk about it much.  

Heading to Suncoast Audio on Saturday.  Mike has a Magico guy in and I'll get to hear one or two of the DAC's I'm sure.  Really looking forward to that visit.  As Winson said, he's a guy you want to visit if you live down this way as his product line is insane and he has Vandersteen's or Magicos and I think another major line.  That way you can surely find what you love.  Choices are just so important in audio.  Nothing beats auditioning at the same time.  That's why this thread is fun.  Matt and I heard a bit differently, but after getting to know him I know what the differences are and it's even more fun to read and hear what he has to say IRT all equipment.  Glad that we have this going again.
N10 sounds best with XLR output I think. Hoping for some time tomorrow morning to give a listen. 
@mattnshilp don't want to be OT, so I'll just make this quick. I started a thread on WBF where I describe my specific needs, taste, etc.
Currently this is what my shortlist looks like after some personal research and suggestions that I got through the thread. I was able to listen to the Endeavor MkII and the Revel Salon 2 as you will see on the thread. Former wasn't interesting, second was wonderful, but also very large.
VS Unifield 3 mkII
Endeavor Mk2
Heco Dreiklang
Salk Soundscape 8
Revel Salon 2
Thiel 3.7
Carmel 1
Kharma CE
Rockport Merak Sheritan
Raidho XT-3
TAD Evolution 1
Magico S3
Ayon
Audiovector SR
Hope me know if you want to talk speakers.
Best
Andre
Ok. Trying to arrange an audition with the top tier TotalDAC DAC and server, as well as the CAD DAC and server. Also trying to negotiate a Cord DAVE purchase since they are impossible to find for audition. 

I would happily audition a Golden Gate but am not willing to buy one to try it. First off, I'm not super motivated to go tubes in my all solid state (and happy to be so) system. As I said long ago, I'm obsessive compulsive and the options of tube rolling would drive me insane!!! But I have heard one at a show and it sounded great. 

With the TotalDAC and CAD audition planning underway and potentially a DAVE in bound, if I can truly make all that happen then I feel the only DAC left to audition would be the Rossini. Let's get there and then cross that bridge.