AXPONA 2017 Protocol

I need some wisdom from this community. I'm attending AXPONA for the first time on Saturday, April 22. I specifically want to hear a selection of certain speakers in order to narrow down what I plan on auditioning in my home. So, is it encouraged or frowned upon to bring a USB with various musical selections on it and ask for the USB to play through the systems being demonstrated? Also do any serious price negotiations occur at AXPONA, or is that expected to happen at a later time in a more private setting? Finally, I would appreciate hearing from veteran attenders the absolute one thing I must experience on my one and only day and also the one thing I should not waste my time with at the show.
I look forward to your insights and advice.   
Ag insider logo xs@2xastewart8944
I'm a three year, three day Axpona attendee. I will be there again this year. As to playing your music, as was said above, it's kinda hit or miss. Some rooms do encourage it. A few just plain don't. It seems that most depend on who's in the room. Early or late in the day. Crowded or maybe you get them when they're not so busy. Definitely bring your stuff and just ask.
  Working deals in the rooms doesn't really happen....unless it's a local store. They might tell you to come and see them and they'll work with you. What I do know is that much of the demo equipment is for sale at a discount. Many of the reps would rather sell the stuff instead of paying to have it shipped home. I bought some equipment that way. If you are interested in that you have to remember, in most cases, that piece will have to stay there untill the end of the show. You would then have to pick it up or arrange to have it shipped to you.
     As a one day attendee that is looking for something specific I would go to the Axpona websight and make a list of all the products you really want to see. This year they're listing alot more of what will be in the rooms. Then maybe start downstairs and work your way to the top, seeing everything you marked off. Make a note of everything that stood out and then work your way down checking out those special rooms again. If time allows your then able to take in some other rooms or even go back to rooms that you really are intersted in.
@jayctoy I like the name tag idea...although I have protested name tags my whole life. I will put Astewart8944 on mine. I always like meeting folks face to face.
Peace
astewart8944, we carry 2 lines out the ones you are interested in - Spendor and Marten. We do have Spendor D7 and Marten Django L on display  but unfortunately we are not exhibiting them this year. We would be happy to set up an audition should you be able to come earlier or stay longer. 

milpai, I would be happy to demo the D7 for you any time before or after  Axpona. 

goheelz, thank you for the praise on the Marten Coltrane sound, we were very happy with it as well. This year, we are showing the all new Vivid Giya Spirit driven by the new Jadis 200 MKii mono amplifiers producing 200W in class A with KT150 tubes.

@kyomi_audio Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, I can neither come to Chicago early nor stay late. Since the Spendors won't be playing at the show, I'm hoping to hear them at Galen Carol Audio in San Antonio a week after AXPONA, provided that works for Galen. The Marten Django L I will have to develop a game plan to hear.
Most vendors want to play your music to satisfy you but also don't know if you are pulling out some heavy metal that will clear the room. So tell them what you have or ask if they have such and such.
A memory stick is very handy and should be accommodated. Ask for a late night demo, like just after the show hours, before it gets too late, and you could get a one on one with the speakers.
I'll be volunteering in a room you will probably not target but I would play your music for you and I know the participants in the room want to satisfy you as best they can.
As mentioned above, also check out the big Salk room where they would definitely accommodate you (lower level bottom of escalator).