After a (weeks) worth of listening...

What lp would you recommend the most to other members here?

I belong to several music threads and have gained much knowledge and have just as much to share..

Here is a chance to post what you've imagined is your (one) most enjoyable moment/lp of the past week of listening.

Having to choose, right now, and getting this thread started, I'd choose..

Gary Wright "The Dream Weaver"

128x128slaw
Here's my initial recommendation. For any died -in-the-wool classic rock fans, I'll ask for some leeway? There will be plenty to come. Let's have an eclectic palate here?

The Hooters "Nervous Night". This was the band for Cindy Lauper's "She's So Unusual". Early eighties. Here are some superbly crafted songs for that period in time that still hold up today.

SLAW...the Hooters were my absolute favorite band for a few years in the 80's. Great musicians and decent recordings.

The new SPOON is on my system this week :-)

db
photodusty,

I perceive any positive comment as a step in the right direction! Thanks.

Look forward to your Spoon impressions.
Once I started to really think about my top pick, I knew what it would be. I still wanted to listen through several that I felt would be contenders.

It finally came down to two lps.

Blue Oyster Cult "Fire of Unknown Origin". IMO, a great lp from start to finish. My copy has a bar code, (1981) so I’m going to look for an original pressing?

Top pick:

Red Rider "Neruda". If you are like me...in my past when I loved an lp and it had just one tick or pop, I’d buy another copy just in case... "Neruda" passed that test. It never fails to provide listening pleasure on each listen. When I remember I haven’t heard it for a while, a big smile comes on my face as I put it on the tt, cause’ I know I’m in for a treat. I can think of no other artist/lp that seems to borrow on this music. It really is an original. Highly recommended!