Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Matt, that's a given. Promise. When I get back from the Juice Plus convention the beginning of May.

You are dead on IRT source with DAC.  No question. Just read the forums and you can tell. Micheal Lavorgna will say the same I bet and to me he's a true expert.  When I can figure out a time, I'll ask him if he can come over if that's ok.  I'm really excited to see if the ODSX will be what I think it will be.  I could have had my ODSE converted as you know, but the wait would have been too long and I really loved that Ayre made a true digital component where you only need to add ethernet and some sort of hard drive.  I stream a ton of Tidal now, so for me, it's the best solution.  

I know one other who has the ODSX, lol....and loves it.  Feels it's the best he's ever had in his system.  I NEED to hear your EMM as I have a few friends who own it and love it.  Also, another poster on this thread who's become a good friend, has (I forget the name of it, but it's those guys up in MA who make them.  I'll edit this and add the name when I can think of it.  Just an MS moment as you know I have Matt, lol.) another DAC that is being updated and he swears by it.  I think that right now there are probably about 5 -7 DAC's that folks swear by as their ref DAC's and then a level just below.  I do feel that many of these that are 'just below' are SOOOO close (ref my Ayre QX5/20 vs the TotalDac that's twice the price, but oh sooooo close according to Michael L at www.audiostream.com if you want to check out his thoughts on both).  

Just a wonderful time to be getting involved with digital sound.  now what we really need are better recordings for much of the popular genre's.  JMHO
When I read "For Redbook... musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension" I thought, "Oh, he means the Schitt Yggdrasil." Then I realized it is probably not expensive enough to be considered in this discussion. Plus it won't do DSD.
Leotis, price is irrevelevant. Sound is everything! I did hear a Schitt DAC a while ago in my room. It was their top of the line. It was excellent for the price, but it was not in the performance level of the DAC's I currently own. 
<Oppo dealer disclaimer>
Have you heard the new Oppo Sonica DAC?  It's detailed, dynamic, with a large soundstage, with an excellent balanced output stage and only $799!  Plays most any digital file format.  I'd put it up against DACs at 5X the price.  
I just bought the Modwright Sonica DAC. Actually his Axpona demo unit. I won’t get it until after Axpona. I’m hoping that Dan took full advantage new ESS Sabre DAC chip.