Looking at sub $200 power cables.

I’d like to upgrade my power cables if I can see a benefit at the $200ish and under price point in my setup:
-Yamaha 1060 AVR (used as preamp)
-Parasound A23 Halo
-Bluesound Node 2
-Furman 15i PC

I already have some decent interconnects and speaker wire so the power cords are the next place I can tweek. I’ve been reading a lot and it seems I would get my best results starting with my AVR. How important is it to swap the PC out for the Furman to the wall? I’ve been eyeballing some decent deals on Shunyata Venom 3 PCs. I can get 3 of them for around $320. How does the new Shunyata Venom 14 compare?

Is this a waste of money in my system? Should I skip the Node? I understand it’s subjective but appreciate any input.

Thanks.
asahitoro
Check out Audio Art cables.  He advertises here.  I have one of his power cords that cost me less than 150.00 and it is better than my 300.00 Shunyata cords.
by the way, Parts Connexion has a March sale 25% off on all AC Products + Wire and Cable + Audio Connectors.  As long as you submit your order by midnight tomorrow, they will take 25% off on the purchase estimate when they send that back to you.
Dh Labs Power Plus is really the best value if you can go up to $240.00.  That cable will outperform most others that cost twice as much.

Just to put things into perspective for DIY cords, the DH Labs Power Plus cable can be bought for $8.00 per foot. The connectors on the pre-built DH Labs Power Plus cable are Wattgate IEC 320i ($24) and Wattgate 5266i ($16). All you need is a Phillips screw driver and wire cutters/strippers. Probably about $20-30 in tools.  The only thing that would be missing is the fancy tech-flex cover on the cable and the printed "DH Labs" heatshrink tubing over the cable.

http://www.silversonic.com/docs/reviews/AudioXpress_Pro_Studio_Power_Plus.pdf

The Wattgate connectors use brass conductors. The brass conductors have a very fast/strong current. This translates into very fast/clear music. The brass do have a tendancy to "push hard" on the voltage. This can cause a system to be too strong/fast and can push it over the edge into the solid-state/harsh/sterile area. The Wattgate brass connectors are very decent connectors for the money. However, be aware of their character. It may be good for compensating for systems that are very soft or laid back. It puts the "snap" and attack back into the system.

In my opinion, the Furutech gold/rhodium are much better conductors, depending on what you’re looking for. Gold plated if you want a smoother and more laid back sound (warmer). Rhodium plated if you want deep strong power punch bass and very high resolution in mids/highs.

May I please ask you to consider our new Core Power Tech Super Stroke Cables...

1.8 meters - $129 retail - $99 dollars for this site.

Best wishes,

Mark