Best value record cleaner/cleaning system

Thought I would ask the group -- when I was last in the analog game some 12-15 years ago it was a VPI or Nitty Gritty for record cleaning (that and the wood-handled Discwasher pad with red-bottle liquid, Zerostat and Decca CF brush for just before playing an LP)... are these still the go-to standard units, or has the state of the art / ’value’ options advanced to some other kits in the present? I see cleaner units now from Pro-ject, Music Hall, Spin Clean, etc etc.

In my case I am not trying to ’deep clean’ mistreated, flea market or recycled recors store records... just good hygiene maintenance-cleaning of a treasured collection - 80% regular records, 20% ’audiophile’ pressings.

Thanks in advance.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjjss49
Bradf was considerate enough to email me links to information about the "budget-priced" CleanerVinyl version of an osmosis cleaner. At around $700 for the 12-LP version, I do believe I'm gonna get me one!
Slaw, Rushton and others,

What do you use to protect label during steam cleaning.

Thanks in Advance 
Norb 
nkonor,

I've found that all of the hype over protecting the label is just that, hype. Early on in my record cleaning education, before the 16.5 and the AD and the steamer, I use to actually dip my lps into a sink full of distilled water to rinse. I never had one issue with the labels. (Of coarse you don't let them soak.) On older lps where the labels have aged, if they get wet, just blot them off, don't rub. Having said this, if I see my cleaning fluid seep onto a label, I'll blot it off.

While I'm steaming, during the time when the steamer is recharging, I'll blot off the label when necessary. As I mentioned earlier, I hold a record over a sink against my torso while steaming. This allows everything to drain off as much as possible.

Have fun!
slaw,

Thank you for the tip. I found a half dozen steamers on Amazon. Guess I'll pick one and have at it. Not expensive. Might add to the labor but I will take your judgement on this! 

Thanks
Norb