Aesthetix vs ARC

I have a general question for those familiar with the two companies listed above. I'm currently using an Aesthetix Calypso which I consider a top tier preamp. Recently I've been thinking about trying an ARC reference preamp. To be more specific a reference 5 or 5se. I expect the ARC 5SE to rate higher but i'm not sure how their sound signature compares to the Calypso. Please don't ask what is that I don't like about the Calypso or how much do I have to spend, etc. I just want to know the sonic signature of the Ref 5se compared to the Calypso. I do change equipment from time to time like everyone else.
128x128audiogabby
Both are excellent, having owned the Aesthetix and now owning the ARC 5se, I can honestly say the ARC is way superior.  Bass, soundstaging and portraying a sense of realism are just some of the areas the ARC beats the Aesthetix.  Also, Aesthetix customer service was not up to high end standards.
I think it’s unfair to compare the Ref5SE to the Calypso Signature because of the price difference ($13k v. $7k); a fairer comparison would be the Calypso Eclipse to the Ref5SE (~$10k v. $13k).

As far as customer service, Glenn at Aesthetix has always been responsive to my emails and phone calls.

Actually, The correct comparison would be the Aesthetix Callisto Signature or Eclipse to the ARC Ref 5se, not the Calypso. Here’s a link to a comparison of the Calypso to the Callisto:

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/review-aesthetix-callisto-signature-tube-preamp

The ARC uses the 6H30 tube. If you like that tube then ARC might be right for you. You can’t change it for anything else, though. The Callisto has a bunch of tubes that you can roll to tune the sound to your taste, maybe too many tubes for many people.

Wouldn't the Callisto be more comparable to the Ref10, since they're both dual chassis?  The REF5SE is single chassis just like the Calypso.