dCS Rossini vs. Berkeley Reference dac 2

Has anyone compared the two?  I have heard the Rossini side-by-side with the Berkeley Ref. dac 1.  Long story short, the Rossini justified its higher price.  I'm now wondering if Berkeley's second try has narrowed the gap? Meanwhile, kudos to both dCS and Berkeley for striving to provide upgradeable products.
aldenberry
In my system, its more about isolating the components from each other. I use Shunyata Venom digital cables on both my PS Audio Perfectwave transport and my Esoteric SACD player. Shunyata Venom power cables to the Berkeley and the Ayre preamp. Then I plug the two transports into one isolation transformer since they are never used at the same time, the Berkeley into its own iso, and the preamp into its own iso. Like I said, I plan to check out the Shunyata Denali system. There is a review online at Absolute Sound, if you're curious.
Sounds good!  I too have worked with Galen Carol, who is quite knowledgeable about Shunyata products- you have a good resource at hand!  I am using a Zitron Sigma HC with my Triton- I'm not looking back or forward at this time, it's hear to stay (sorry, bad pun).  I have read the Denali reviews, surely great products.  BTW, I used a Power Wedge isolation trans.-type processor from about 1992 to about two years ago. The physics involved in these products defies both my knowledge and interest, but in my system and on my power grid, I can only regret waiting so long to let it go and move on.  Isolation transformers are great for protection, however.  I have used them in other applications.  You have some fun toys!

Thanks. I've settled on two things. The Berkeley Alpha Reference 2 DAC. And my Wilson Alexia loudspeakers. Will investigate the merits of MQA once its more fully established. I'm still playing with amps. Will likely sell my Atma Sphere amps, mainly on the different presentation of the Berkeley 2. It makes my Ayre amps, now completely acceptable. But as I say that, I have a D'Agostino S-250 on the way. Lol. Will settle on interconnects once the amp decision is made. Also plan to play around a bit with that Shunyata Denali system. It Never Ends.
Thanks imgoodwithtools. I too found isolation a huge factor re digital.
And thanks aldenberry for the info on yours.