Specific Pre-Amp advice

I would really like to get some help from the Forum. Late 2017 early 2018 I am getting a new pre-amp. My options to hear gear are low (common issue). Probably be buying blind which I have done in the past in conjunction with research. Here is the run down. 

Budget: 2500 possibly pushed to 3k. Looking for used gear (pretty much ruling out new).

1. I am leaning heavily toward a tube pre.
2. I would like a remote but its not a deal breaker if it gets me better SQ
3. Line stage only. Don't really need a phono stage as I have a stand alone
4. It needs to be active. 
5. Feeding SS amp with 100k input impedance 
6. Primary used with Vinyl front end. Would like it to handle three sources. (Radio, Dac/CD and Input for TT)
7. 2 channel only no pass through needed or wanted. 
8. Single Ended RCA Connection. My amp does not have true balance connections 

Current System 

VPI Prime 
SS Aida Cart
MS Nova Phomoma 
Exposure 17
Exposure Dual Reg 4
Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands 

I am looking to get more resolution. A more liquid sound. Bigger soundstage and get more of the recording space into my room. 

My preference is for an open/transparent neutral sound slightly tipped to the warm side in the highs. Slight roll off maybe. I like a fast quick musical sound with tight quick bass. Not looking for tube romance or rounded bass. I absolutely would like to stay away from bright sounding gear. Also super etched is not to my thing. I fall in the musicality camp. 

Any suggestions that would help me achieve this sound would be appreciated. These qualities defiantly take system matching into account. Pretty happy right now but I think I can do better.

darkstar1
darkstar1 OP
Exposure Dual 4 Reg has 24db of gain according to the President.
That's a much higher input sensitivity than what your manual states at 1.2v. It's 50% higher.

Cheers George

Plangent technology uses (IIRC) the bias signal to remove wow & flutter on old tapes.  Downloads of the hallowed Cornell show from the Betty board should be out soon, tho the discs are sold out.

I've heard the better Rogue amps when auditioning 3.7i Maggie speakers and they sounded nice, tho I did not compare them with other amps.

I have an ARC LS-25 Mk II pre with a Sunfire amp.  I may audition the Benchmark amp to see if it sounds much better.  I am likely to stay with a SS amp and tube pre - there is an entire thread on here about amps for Magneplanars (my speaker choice).  I can post my short list form that thread if you want. LMK
Yeah I have the Cornell show on vinyl ripped from the board. They sound really good. They were bought a year or two ago. 
If it were me, and i were wanting to improve on the same qualities you stated in your OP, and knowing that your speakers tend somewhat to the warm side, I would be looking for a newer all tube active preamp know to be neutral (as in not the classic warm sound). At your used budget there are many to consider. Like you I would have to do my homework prior to finding the 'one' 
Mesch 

That is the point of this thread. I have some preamps in mind but looking for suggestions from some of the people that swap gear often or achieved the same thing I am looking for in their system.