Interesting Magico news

They are now using a 'polymer' sub-enclosure in their S5 MK 11 - for the 'critical' midrange
driver no less. 
Isn't this similar to what Wilson Audio has been using for years?
Curious.
ptss
Another interesting Magico thing (to me anyway) is the Magico factory pic I saw in a mag someplace that clearly shows an inexpensive QSC GX3 pro power amp sitting there…I love mine for concert gigs (monitor amp usually), and can assume Magico loves theirs…it cost me around 200 bucks new (Guitar Center price matching score). I don't recommend these for home audio as the fan noise is somewhat intrusive, but if you want 300 plus watts per side in a 30 pound amp, there ya go.
ptss OP1,295 posts03-10-2017 11:56amWithout precisely addressing the "damping" properties of their
polymer sub enclosure-- as the
"specs" of the polymer are unknown to me-- I feel the shape of the
sub enclosure is of more benefit in breaking up other backwaves in
the overall cabinet enclosure, rather than benefiting the elimination of the
mid range backwave. Here is a paragraph from a piece done by Doug Blackburn
which I find appropriate and succint;
" Undamped backwave energy can bounce around inside the speaker several times, eventually hitting the back of the driver’s cone again. When the backwave hits the back of the cone, the cone radiates some of that sound into the room as distortion. The backwave sound is delayed and decorellated. It is no longer related to the sound on the original recording; it has become distortion. The delayed backwave sound did not exist in the original recording, and this makes it distortion."
The laws of physics are what make cones radiate the same amount of
sound to the rear as well as the front.
Perhaps Magico has a magic stuffing material?
Where does that energy go?

This is speaker building 101, any "box" loudspeaker has to deal with that issue. If you wish to know how successful Magico is in doing so, look at the THD measurements of the S5, the lowest ones the NRC ever measured ( http://soundstage.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1043:nrc-measurements-mag...).  
Thanks hc707. Agreed re speaker building 101;precisely why it's brought up.
Absolutely magnificent results.I have never questioned the speakers specs. 
I brought up the design to discuss the the physics of the design.
My final comments were about stuffing material within the mid enclosure; with
the question 'where does the energy go?".
It remain a very reasonable enquiry.
Do you know anything about what's inside the enclosure?
Either materials or internal design?