Know of a "Dirt Cheap" tweak?

I am looking for tweaks to improve the overall sound quality of my audio system. I recently purchased some TPC contact cleaner and it made a believer out of me. I noticed a signicant improvement, as if a veil was lifted my system sounded more clear and transparent. Bass got tighter too. Do you know of any cheap tweaks that have made a SIGNIFICANT improvement to the sound quality of your Hifi system...let us know... :-) Comments welcomed!
kasboot
geoffkait,

Simply being direct and to the point. You stated, " ... you’re only guessing if you don’t use a SPL meter." Do you mean that Frank Tchang was only guessing? But then you stated, "It [Franck's diagram] will get you around 50% of my SPL meter method." If so, nice to hear Franck made some good guesses and that your method is twice as good as Franck's guess work.

asvjerry,

My room is indeed untidy -- but the sound is good.
"...and don't smoke dope, burn your hair..."

Don't have none to spare...;)

Nutmeg....*sheesh*   Banana peels, bath salts, salvia...pretty soon...

"Hey, if you eat the inner lining of *so & so's* speaker cables, you'll think you're sitting front 'n center, 6th row orchestra....but wear Depends..."

"Oh....'scuse me..." *sound of running feet, fading into the distance...*

Don't mind me....just kibitzing...keep those tweaks comin'.  I just gotta go get bricked and cupped and all those other things...most interesting thing to watch other than binge-watching @Midnight....;)
...as for 'cheap', dirt's already been mentioned along with sand.  How much cheaper can one get?!  Go outside with a baggie, scoop some up and avoid the dog's 'deposit', seal bag, go back inside, place bag on CDP or whatever, viola'.

Factoring in 'time=$', still beats anything else I've read.

I think the OP wandered off awhile back...I think I'll go look him up and have a virtual beer or 3....
The sand has to be dry. If you are taking it off the beach on a dry day it may feel dry but it will still take some airing out to get rid of the residual moisture.

sabai

geoffkait,

Simply being direct and to the point. You stated, " ... you’re only guessing if you don’t use a SPL meter." Do you mean that Frank Tchang was only guessing? But then you stated, "It [Franck’s diagram] will get you around 50% of my SPL meter method." If so, nice to hear Franck made some good guesses and that your method is twice as good as Franck’s guess work.

Far be it from me to beat a dead horse but Franck Tchang’s diagram was designed SPECIFICALLY for HIS Special pure Gold, Silver, Platinum and Basic acoustic resonators thus are doomed to FAIL for the knock-off attempts of cheap DIYers. If a DIYer gets good result with Franck Tchang’s diagram it means you were lucky. It’s ridiculous to think that ALL speakers and ALL rooms would exhibit identical dynamic sound pressure mapping. One can't help wondering how Franck Tchang addresses sound pressure peaks that are NOT on any room wall but in the 3-D space of the room. Follow?

At the risk of repeating myself has anyone experimented with tiny bowl resonators smaller than the 7/8" Franck Tchang resonators?

Have a a nice day