subwoofer to speaker connection

I am a novice and would like to seek advice from fellow Audiogonians. In  reading the forum 128025-84361 (Jan this year) on speaker and sub connection, I am intrigued  by the comment   from rcprince “Virtually every review I have read remarks on how the mids and upper bass from the main speakers are improved when you add a subwoofer…”. I have a pair of Focus Audio Signature Series (Model 78) speaker and one Audio Physic Luna sub. Would connecting these 2 produce improvement in the sound of music? If so , how  can I  best connect my sub and speaker ? I don’t mind buying the high pass filter and inline cross over as mentioned in the above forum, if needed. Moses

moses189
Nature and live music have low frequency ambience that is something you won't have in your listening room if you can't get low frequencies in there. REL subs (like mine) for example are generally used as an addition to main speakers left unmolested running in their designed range, so they're (the mains) still simply doing whatever they do but seem to sound better with subs…I think the sort of low frequency "room charging" is what makes everything sound better, with the bonus of being able to actually hear the groovy musical low stuff on a recording.
Thanks. What is the cost? The basic connection is similar to Hsu high pass filter.  I wonder if anyone has compared both and give an evaluation.Moses 189
@ Moses 189,
You can search the forum for "minidsp", there are a lot of info, YouTube also a good source.
I believe the miniDSP is more flexiable and not cost a lot more.