Speakers for electronic/hiphop/rnb [$4000 range]?

Hello everybody,

Let me start off by saying I don’t know much about hifi. I’m trying to educate myself by visiting forums like these and I’m learning some things but most information goes over my head. And most of you listen to classical/rock/jazz so it’s hard to find an opinion that is relevant to me without asking. I currently have a set of Kef ls50’s that I blind bought because of amazing reviews paired with an arcam a19 integrated amplifier and it’s basically the best purchase I’ve ever made. It’s made me appreciate music in a different way and now I would like to upgrade to a new setup in a designated music room with new speakers and new components. The room will be 12x17.

A store near me sells Harbeth speakers but I think I read bass is lacking in these but I may still try to audition them, I’m not really sure what else is well regarded in my price range..
torontoelectro
@OP,I know how you feel, but it is good to listen to speakers out of your price range. That way you will know what can be accomplished in a 'perfect world'. Take that knowledge and find a speaker in your price range that accomplishes the task most convincingly.
A good dealer will not pressure you to buy something you can't afford.
And, they won't be affronted if you decide to buy used. Everyone does it. I have a dealer who helps me with 2nd hand purchases. He understands not everyone can  afford to buy new. And, knowing he is trustworthy, I will refer him to others. I digress...
At $6-7K, you can get a killer system. Just go and listen. Get some products you like and look them up here on Agon, or HifiShark-heck even a dealer will have used equipment.
Going used cuts out the depreciation loss you take when buying new. And, since you are now a knowledgeable buyer, you will know what you want and not have an unpleasant surprise. 
Of course, if you need further help, just make another post.
Good Luck
Bob
I think you may want to  have a budget in mind before exploring.  Otherwise you will get recommendations ranging from $2K to $200K.  Do you have budget range?
@torontoelectro - I am a n00b as well. I feel your pain. I was excited to make my first dive into hifi. A few weeks later, I found frustration in the huge amounts of data I had to digest and understand. Options, brands, sizing, placement, and on and on. I was very excited to get my system going, despite my zeal, it still took me 4 months before I felt confident enough to pull the trigger. I agree with folks that are telling to you take your time and listen to as much as you can. It can be somewhat exhausting, and very confusing, but you want to be "mostly" sure about what you’re doing when you shell out all that dough. I went and listened to several pieces 3 times before I decided which way to go.

Regarding speakers in your $$$ range... I too play a fair amount of rap and old school R&B, so I brought along some of that stuff when I was demoing gear. One speaker that I liked was the B&W CM10S2. You might try that one. There is the synergy aspect that others pointed out. Speakers alone don't account for the sonic result that you hear. It's also about how the speaker behaves with the amp. Don't make your choice just on speakers alone, probably need to consider the system as a whole.
Yes absolutely I plan on finding the right speaker then researching amps that pair well with the speaker I chose.