Thoughts on Plasma, LCD, DLP and which way to go

I am looking to purchase a Flat screen tv and wanted to get some thoughts on whcih way to go? I have looked at all 3 types. I would like to find out people's experience's with the different technologies?
johnmcfarland
I use LCD because I got a good deal and don't watch much TV. LCD still doesn't do black well and will pixelate with a bad signal. DLP is good for cheaper big screen where space is not as big of an issue. Plasma is great small screen and great big screen (EDTV for smaller, HDTV for bigger); however, still typically pricey.
I've been following these technologies and wouldn't spend big money (for me, 3-5K) on anything but 1080p DLP with HDMI input (on-board HD tuner and cable-card ready a definite plus).
For 3 to 4k a nice, true HD, Sony plasma can be had with HDMI input and the usual inputs/outputs. The resolution is advertised as 1024 x 1024.

For less than half that a 42" rear projection DLP HDTV is a damn good buy; have seen a Sony Wega for something like 1500 at one store locally.

Rear projection has periodic bulb replacement ongoing cost; plasma is a finite product that, one day, will simply be tossed when it is worn out. An expensive consumable. For high quality sources a HD plasma is at the top of my list.

When 42" LCD (not rear projection) TVs become more price competitive that would move to the top despite the much better contrast ratio of plasma TVs overall. LCD units are much lighter so easier to move and mount on a wall; they use less power, and the picture is fabulous (except for the lack of total blackness) on my Sony 23" LCD HDTV Wega model.
Post removed 
All of the above is pretty close to what I have heard. The Plasma's I was going to wait until next yr because they are still pricey. I just saw one of the new Hitachi Plasma's 42 inch it looked pretty nice. Here is question, has anyone noticed in the TV's, are you seeing better set's in the 42 inch, 50 inch or other?